Announcement: Immortal 3

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Lem
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Lem »

I am waiting patiently for my copy to arrive. I should have it in about 10 days (I hope!), yay :)

This definitely looks like the best Immortal yet.

When do we start talking about tracks for the next Immortal? :D

Raphael Gesqua - Flashback (options1 and 2)
Matthew Simmonds - Chuck Rock
Tim Wright/Brian Johnston - Lemmings
Allister Brimble - Superfrog

.. etc :)

edit: I meant some of the level tunes from Superfrog, same with Lemmings.
Last edited by Lem on 21/06/2006 - 6:54, edited 1 time in total.
PARALAX

Post by PARALAX »

Superfrog already was performed on Immortal 1.
Skyscraper
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Skyscraper »

The Immortal 3 CD seems to be great !

I love good remixes too.

I´m glad that I can hear some tracks in the new show in Radio (name removed) next Sunday !

Good work ! :D
PARALAX

Post by PARALAX »

Only some Previews, not in full lenght.

Like discussed with Jan...

We want to avoid possible piracy from any listener from this brilliant work!
Lem
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Lem »

Woohoo, got my copy of Immortal 3 today (I was anticipating another 10 days, what a surprise when I checked the mailbox earlier!).

So far I have listed to Turrican 2 from CD 1. It's a pretty good version of the music from Level 2-1. I would agree with your 8/10 rating for that one (name removed).

Waiting now for EAC to FLAC the rest of the tracks then I'll have a good listen.

Thanks go to Jan and all the musicians who produced this work!
daze

Post by daze »

Grats Jan, never thought I would see the day :wink:

Great Job.

Darius.
Jim Power
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Jim Power »

Hey Darius, good to see you on this board! It's you guys who made all this possible. Thanks for the track-by-track review, (name removed) - didn't think I would get one so fast with 35 titles to review; just a couple of short notes regarding your comments: it's true that we didn't use the original loops from Nation 12 for the "Gods" track, because it's problematic to use that stuff without permission from their label when conducting a commercial project (actually, it's illegal if you do a non-commercial remix as well, but nobody will possibly complain about it :wink:). I kinda knew a cover of that song was going to be a love-or-hate affair, so I have to live with the verdict though. The "Speedball 2" track sounds like the "Brutal Method" one, because it was in fact arranged by good old Snear - when I had listened to his track on Amiga Remix, I knew what our CD version should sound like. Thanks for the nice comments on "Beast 2", which wasn't arranged by Tim Wright himself, but myself, Alexander Prievert and "Immortal 1" creator Ruben Monteiro - glad to hear you liked the spooky atmosphere of the tune! As for "Immortal 4"... I think it's way too early to tell if there will really be one. Let's discuss that in a couple of months, OK? :D
PARALAX

Post by PARALAX »

Sure, I think there are still many questions and much more suggestions from my side as DJ and some other guys I already worked. So I hope that we don't miss us at the Games Convention in Leipzig.:)

Please don't forget to write me a PM about that because I already have my ticket for the opening concert.;)

BTW: Thank you very much for reading my reviews which I took over 3 hours for this. Sure, some guys will have different oppinions to some tracks, it only was mine but it should maybe help you for the next CD.

One of my favourites would be the title music from "Zarathrusta" (Hewson) which is very accoustic. And a good remix wasn't released yet.:)
mythoslogos

Japanese voice?

Post by mythoslogos »

Actually the voice samples in No Second Prize are from India... (The title is called "Grand Prix of India")

And I think both the Defender of the Crown Track and Trolls deserve at least 9/10 points because I'm listening to them all the time.
Thornado
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Thornado »

Oe! after reading all these great things, I am really anticipating it's arrival. Now I'm really gonna stalk my mailbox. :D
Thornado
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Thornado »

Jeej! I have it, the cd sounds and looks great! Too bad it's always hard to remix Amiga music since the original versions (still) sound so great, but this collection of tunes seems worth all of the work and the waiting.

Overdrive is atm my favorite mix on the cd, the track is so laid back and flows with a great vibe. I'm gonna take this album for a spin the next couple of weeks!

Thnx Jan and crew of Immortal 3! 8)
Trueunborn
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Trueunborn »

Arf i got mine, and am listening to it presently! What a pleasure!
The only bad point in the whole story is that the other cd i ordered was forgotten in the package, hope synsoniq will fix it...
Hopefully the one i got is the immortal ;)
sumppi
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by sumppi »

Now that the CD is out, I'd like to present a visual guide to Trolls:
http://www.playbynumbers.com/images/trolls.jpg

Try to keep up when listening ;)

Sumppi
Lord K. Os

Post by Lord K. Os »

Another question to Jan:
Can Immortal 3 also be obtained directly from you? (don't like Synsoniq and when I visit Chris' store, I usually get distracted and buy something other as well :oops: )

P.S.: sorry for asking so late (while all the others already got their copy)! :wink:
Jim Power
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Jim Power »

Sure, all three "Immortal" CDs can be purchased from me as well - if you would like to pay your items via credit card, please order from Chris or synSONIQ though (Paypal would be another option, of course). However, please drop me an e-mail or a PM on this board and we'll work out the details - might take me a few days to answer, since I'm on a business trip right now.