Calling all Atari ST fans

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Calling all Atari ST fans

Post by tas »

Its somethig i have been toying with some years now. The Atari ST was a big part of my life, easily as much as the c64. After investigating the ST scene i was suprised that it's very active and that the possibilities for such a CD don't seem as much as a risk than what i thought it would be. Since announcing to the ST scene i was considering such a project i have had a great response and support via various boards and e-mails.

anyway i'm sure some of you will have fond memories of the ST (some more than others). There's a discussion at: http://www.atari-forum.com under the heading YM Rockin. Feel free to get involved and suggest some tracks that you'd like to hear on the CD.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Well, that's another stillborn plan...

I was just today considering a whole ST album which was submitted by someone (already complete), but I wasn't sure if the "BIT 1" sound would be appreciated by the current community. From the looks of that discussion they're just drooling after RKO red smiley fodder.

I've sent the guy to you anyway. Maybe there's something useful...

Chris
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

:shock: ouch! thats come as a suprise. There's me thinking of something being Unique and wham LOL

Well it'll be interesting to speak with the chap, thanks for forwarding the info to him.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I think the phrase has something to do with "great minds" and "thinking alike", though I have to admit it wasn't something I initiated. Plus you're more qualified than I am to do something like that, since you know where the gold is buried!

I haven't a clue...

Chris
Jim Power
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Japanese Atari soundtracks

Post by Jim Power »

Just found out that the Japanese label Scitron Digital will release two CDs that might be interesting for die-hard Atari fans this December - the music is not from ST games (although I bet a bunch of these titles were converted to the ST as well), but from popular Atari arcade machines. Featured games include Marble Madness, Rampart, Pit Fighter, Gauntlet 1 & 2 and Paperboy.

Game Sound Legend Series - That's Atari Music Vol. 1
Game Sound Legend Series - That's Atari Music Vol. 2
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Personally I'm extremely pissed off that the Japanese continue to ignore the c64 scene... oh well.

> Paperboy.
I'm SO glad Mark Cooksey came up with original tunes for this game :)

Chris
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Atari ..... ST *Gulp* - I sense corruption in our midst lol ..... Yes the ST Version of Shadow of the Beast was a joy to listen to - every time your character made a punch or jump move lol....

Ok - im knockin ST - is was ok for Degas Elite and Steinberg Pro - but thats where my intrest wained... Least the operating system had a unique name ....... TOS (The Operating System) LMFAO !!!! :lol:
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Knock it for all you like....

But a STAR was born.... his name... Jochen Hippel. The rob Hubbard of the ST.