R.I.P. DJ Skitz

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
o2
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: R.I.P. DJ Skitz

Post by o2 »

Rest in peace Skitz. :/
All ET's arent nice!!
Hazel
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Hazel »

I was shocked to find out about this. I just wanted this to be a bad dream and wanted to wake up.
This is truly a dark day. :(
I never had the chance to meet him in real life but I talked with him on IRC in the years when I was more active in the remixing community.
He was always friendly and had time to talk whenever I approached him on the chat. At some point we even talked about doing a remix together but the time never came. :(
It is hard to believe that there will be no more shows from that crazy lovely man.

You loved the c64 remix community and it loved you.
I am glad that you got the Lifetime Achievement Award. I just wish that you had a lot more time to enjoy it.

You will be missed, my friend..
-¤- SceneSat staff-member -¤-
nada
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by nada »

We'll miss you D.J. Skitz... Rest In Peace, you will always be fondly remembered
Hypocrisy Is The Vaseline Of Social Intercourse
k_rostoen
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by k_rostoen »

Man, he was only one year older than me. My deepest condolences to his family.
Experto credite!
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Bog »

Bye, mate :(
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Or go look at http:/www.imaginetix.co.uk
Misser
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Misser »

May you rest in peace Paul, i'll miss your banter and laughter. I'm glad we where able to hook up a few times the last few years.
Old programmers never die, they just get lazy and distracted.
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

I'm so sad to hear the news. He was a damn nice guy and it's a real shame he's no longer around... Rest in peace, Paul.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

R.I.P., Skitz!
I didn't know you personally but you were one of those corner stones of this community.
It couldn't hit the wrongest guy from what I've heard from you, Skitzy...
All is lost.
tomsk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by tomsk »

Shocking and very sad news indeed. My condolences to his family.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

He will be missed: and he achieved so much more than he told anyone about. Apart from sounding like Martin Clunes, which gave him a brilliantly warm quality right off the bat, he was a brilliant technician, a great musician and just an all-round beautiful guy. A bit of a speed demon in the car, mind: I remember one two-lane-into-one manouvre on the way back from going to Brighton to scout out the Back in Time Live Brighton venue that was quite scary! We ate chips and dreamed our dreams of how the night would be. Unfortunately his night was cursed by the hard disk recorder from hell. I'll always regret he didn't enjoy that night more.

Another BIT Live memory was Skitz, Marcel and me scouting out St. Luke's and Bloomsbury theatre as possible locations for BIT Live 2004: we really wanted the Bloomsbury, and Skitz was much more keen on that venue, but we thought that St Luke's would work as well. So there we were, hanging around Euston station eating fast food... I think he enjoyed St. Luke's more than Brighton since the technology was a bit better.

I remember how he went from being "just a visitor" and "just a fan" to being a heart of the remix scene. Great shows, a reliable Saturday night unz, and generally a pulsing heart of the scene. I'll miss him.

Paul knew his time was coming, and he didn't let it ruin his life: he kept working, he kept unzing, and kept fighting, and was rewarded with quite a few years he wasn't expecting to get: for instance, he had doubts as to whether he would make BIT Live 2007.

In the end, he went down, but he went down with pride.

Chris
Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Doddsy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Doddsy »

Sad news indeed. I enjoyed his work and he even gave me a few encouraging comments too.

He will be sadly missed.
Jogeir

Post by Jogeir »

I met Skidz at the SLAY Gathering 2009 for the first time and we had a long talk before we even knew each others names. A great first impression and a great guy even though we only spent a few hours together that night.

I will not forget him. R.I.P.

-Jogeir
cpt_chaos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by cpt_chaos »

sad news indeed...I was always hoping for a Saturday Night Warm Up come back. An unzy SNWU and than out to party was standard program for quite a long time - I miss that and I'm sure you will be missed Paul.
Ferrara
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Ferrara »

R.I.P. DJ Skitz :cry:
I enjoyed your remixes, and shows but never got to thank you for the effort, talent and time you gave us to enjoy.
You will be missed.

-ferrara
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Chris Abbott wrote:I remember how he went from being "just a visitor" and "just a fan" to being a heart of the remix scene.
When I first met Skitz back in 2003 he modestly introduced himself as "I'm a nobody".

Which turned to be just about as far from the truth as it could possibly be.