Check out this old videogames book I found!!!

Forum Games, Funnies and other fun stuff. Post birthday wishes in the appropriate sub-forum.
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Check out this old videogames book I found!!!

Post by Subzero »

You'll like this...

I was emptying out the bookshelves getting ready to re-decorate, and I came across this book from 1982. Its called simply 'COMPUTER AND VIDEO GAMES' and was published by Childrens Britannica Electronics. I would have only been 11 or 12 when I got this book :)

I've scanned a few pages in for you to see:

Front Cover:

Inside Astro Wars:

And How Arcade Games Work:

Theres lotsa good old retro stuff in this book, and like most older books, only some of it is in colour :)
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Check out this old videogames book I found!!!

Post by Steve B »

excellent !
i am sure i have some old books like this some place .. i must have a look for them.
I C 64 People

Computers can never replace human stupidity
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

Omg! I used to have that book aswell, which i um... "borrowed" from the school library indefinitely, ive still got around here somewere a learn to program your bbc type in manual somewere which was just funny, seeing as i didnt have a bbc but i had a spectrum, but it was a clever book in that it did the main programs in the bbc langauge and then at the bottom told you the different commands in spectrum/amstrad etc coding so you worked it out yourself.

i'll see if i can dig it up and scan it in here.
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

Hehe, I've got a similar book called "The Beginners Computer Handbook" which was published by Usborne. That had black and white + colour pages too. I loved the funky paintings of "popular" computers (like the blue Speccy!) and the little pictures of robots dotted around the pages. Great memories! I'll have to scan in a few pages from that one for ya! It also had games programs at the end suitable for various micros (hey, I'm even using the old terminology now!) which required you to alter some of the lines of basic to suit your micr ... er, computer! :D
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

Bloody hell, that brings back memories. I used to own a few of those machines, me and a mate used to spend ages playing the football game.
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

I had a football game called 'JIMMY' seen it on ebay a couple of times too...

Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

'Galaxy Invader 1000' and Bandai's 'GO Wrestling' (lcd), were my first ever handheld video games. I got them for Christmas the same year, and played them both until my fingers bled! :twisted:

Image Image

Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I have a Game & Watch somewhere... for Mr.Gamewatch the mascott used in many games.

The Premise of the game was robbing a bank and avoiding the police.

I have searched for an image but cant find one. One of these days I'll see if I can get it back into working condition.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

Analog-X64 wrote:I have a Game & Watch somewhere... for Mr.Gamewatch the mascott used in many games.

I have searched for an image but cant find one. One of these days I'll see if I can get it back into working condition.
An early beta of grand theft auto then ;)
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

Analog-X64 wrote:I have a Game & Watch somewhere... for Mr.Gamewatch the mascott used in many games.

Safebuster, maybe ?
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'