Welcome to the world Remix64 vol 3 CD!

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Welcome to the world Remix64 vol 3 CD!

Post by Chris Abbott »

Remix 64 vol 3 was a very democratic process, despite the all-seeing gaze of Markus (my role was really just to poke ideas and occasionally poke a remixer!!), and one of the rules was that people had to have fun with their track, even though it was hard work. They also had final say over their tracks, although each track was publicly beta-tested by the whole team: which meant everyone was really motivated. There was also a conscious decision not to rush it, though by the end there was an arbitary deadline or two just to concentrate the minds a bit :) (but no one really minded when they were broken if the end result was worth it).

The main criteria for Vol 3 though was "cheeky, fun and funky". Vol 2 was very much "of its time", given the standing of Glyn R. Brown in the charts, and the release of Merregnon: and it contains some amazing tracks. But, as you say, it was rather a heavy meal. Some of the best tracks have done a lot better on Slay Radio, though, where they can be enjoyed in isolation.

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

I think v2 comes into it's own when you low and need to feel lower. It is a bit of a depressing CD although the aim of it was to be a mix of light and dark hence the original artwork depected and angel of beauty and an evil copycat. Sadly, most of the CD turned dark and hard to listen to on it's own.

When your low, you'll play this because your low. I wonder why we tend to do this? I mean your feeling depressed and so what do you do? play something depressing. You'd think you'd play something happy to try and get yourself out of it! Strange creatures we are ;)

I've often wondered that my mental state at that time, as you know i was recieving treatment for severe depression that this somehow got through to the arrangers on the CD and thus the entire CD became dark. Probably not, but it's makes me wonder.

You could say v2 is the perfect CD for the manic depressive ;)

I like the ideals of v3 Chris, enjoy what you do first and foremost. It's got to be a good thing that.
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

Chris: I just noticed that we have three 404's on the playlist. Won't that cause a problem with the downloads?? :duh:
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Uh?
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

Chris Abbott wrote:Uh?
Just being the retarded g33k I am... Look closer at the tracklist... ;)
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

LMAO! just realised what Aspar GP Master is....

"Your too shy a shy, hush hush how do I"? (Move a little closer) by Catchagoogoo or however it's spelt? Thats Llammal isn't it? :D

Thats really clever!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Ah, I get it... now....
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

tas wrote:LMAO! just realised what Aspar GP Master is....

"Your too shy a shy, hush hush how do I"? (Move a little closer) by Catchagoogoo or however it's spelt? Thats Llammal isn't it? :D

Thats really clever!
It's an amazing song in its own right, too :)
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

tas wrote:When your low, you'll play this because your low. I wonder why we tend to do this? I mean your feeling depressed and so what do you do? play something depressing. You'd think you'd play something happy to try and get yourself out of it! Strange creatures we are ;)
Don't they say the higher you climb, the deeper you fall? Maybe it's the same the other way round, the deeper you fall the higher you can climb back up afterwards. ;-)

Anyway, that was not what I was talking about concerning vol. 2. It was rather that I'm not very much into that Fantasy genre, and that I don't like orchestral remixes (unless they're played by a real orchestra, like those Dutch C64 Orchestra guys). BIT3 was already on the edge of that, but on Remix64 vol. 2 it was too much for my taste.

At the moment, it seems to be some sort of a feel-happy phase, with Reyn Ouwehand's Blythe/Blend/Bizarre album and this Syntax Era stuff, very positive and non-depressive! Nice that there's room for this kind of mood, too!
:cheers:
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

omoroca wrote:
At the moment, it seems to be some sort of a feel-happy phase, with Reyn Ouwehand's Blythe/Blend/Bizarre album and this Syntax Era stuff, very positive and non-depressive! Nice that there's room for this kind of mood, too!
:cheers:
Age mellows (and we're all getting on a bit now)... :lol:
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Life's too short to be po-faced about remixes of tunes from over 25 years ago :)

Chris
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Chris Abbott wrote:Life's too short to be po-faced about remixes of tunes from over 25 years ago :)

Chris
Dont you mean POO-Faced?? :twisted: :duh:
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Analog-X64 wrote:
Chris Abbott wrote:Life's too short to be po-faced about remixes of tunes from over 25 years ago :)

Chris
Dont you mean POO-Faced?? :twisted: :duh:
You have cooties :)
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Chris Abbott wrote: You have cooties :)
Shhhhh!!! Dont go telling everyone about that. :duh:
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

:duh: MESA LOVE ALBUM OKEDAY!!!