are you a pirate?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".

Are you a pirate??

YARRRRRR!!!!
76%
NARRRRRR!!!!!
24%

Total votes: 17

Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

are you a pirate?

Post by Subzero »

In response to razmos post heres the poll he asked for...
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Hmmm This Poll is too vague, what kind of Pirate were you looking for?

Beer Pirate - The original perpetrators of party plundering and many a party foul.
Liberal Pirates - See Ass Pirate.
Conservative Pirates - One of the most effective pirate types of all, due to their tendency to plunder whole countries for booty.
Moderate Pirates - Cannot take a stand on any issue.
Ninja Pirate - A pirate that is also a ninja. This kind of pirate is extremely rare, given the natural hatred pirates and ninjas have for each other. For more information: ask a ninja.
Weekend Pirates - Rare pirates that have mastered the Ninja art of the Weekend proof.
Copyright Pirates - The scourge of CEOs and musicians, and the lawyer's pal.
Electro-Pirates - The roving band of magnetically-charged sea dogs wot taught Music Pirates their ways, arr.
Space Pirates - Mostly made up of giant lobster people and led by the illegitimate son of Ridley Scott, Ridley.
Steve the Pirate - 75% pure pirate.
Pieter Jan Pirates - These pirates are mostly plundering peanutbutter-factories. They behave very strange because they're addicted to the drug: bread.
Pilates - Chinese variation
Pirates of the Mediterranean - the little known documentary about the Cordinian people during the Viking age.
Pontius Pirate - The Roman Empire's finest sea captain!
Maddox - Self explanatory
The One Pirate - Lord of the Pirates
Ass Pirates - Pirates that search for "Booty" on the Sea.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

The last thing I bought retail was Unreal Tournament 2004 :) And before that ?

IK+

;)

maybe...
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

Analog-X wrote:Hmmm This Poll is too vague, what kind of Pirate were you looking for?

Beer Pirate - The original perpetrators of party plundering and many a party foul.
Liberal Pirates - See Ass Pirate.
Conservative Pirates - One of the most effective pirate types of all, due to their tendency to plunder whole countries for booty.
Moderate Pirates - Cannot take a stand on any issue.
Ninja Pirate - A pirate that is also a ninja. This kind of pirate is extremely rare, given the natural hatred pirates and ninjas have for each other. For more information: ask a ninja.
Weekend Pirates - Rare pirates that have mastered the Ninja art of the Weekend proof.
Copyright Pirates - The scourge of CEOs and musicians, and the lawyer's pal.
Electro-Pirates - The roving band of magnetically-charged sea dogs wot taught Music Pirates their ways, arr.
Space Pirates - Mostly made up of giant lobster people and led by the illegitimate son of Ridley Scott, Ridley.
Steve the Pirate - 75% pure pirate.
Pieter Jan Pirates - These pirates are mostly plundering peanutbutter-factories. They behave very strange because they're addicted to the drug: bread.
Pilates - Chinese variation
Pirates of the Mediterranean - the little known documentary about the Cordinian people during the Viking age.
Pontius Pirate - The Roman Empire's finest sea captain!
Maddox - Self explanatory
The One Pirate - Lord of the Pirates
Ass Pirates - Pirates that search for "Booty" on the Sea.
All of the above :wink:
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Matrix wrote:The last thing I bought retail was Unreal Tournament 2004 :) And before that ?

IK+

;)

maybe...
You bought C64 remix CDs :)

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

He he he! ... funny really... I've not seen this topic until now! :lol:
but hmmm... it's not black and white, so just two options seems kind of overkill... :? ... could we please have 10 levels please! :shock:
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

and PLEASE! don't public yourself and your "dark site" ... it's anonymous... Chris just gave me a few very important lessons about public statements, and I think he's right :)

But still, It'll be interresting to see how things would divide...

and on the other hand... I've got second thoughts about this poll.... what if it ends up with people being honest in their poll, and lets say it turns out badly, and there really IS a lot of piracy... then that would not make this scene look very good to the outside world...

hmmm... think I should have thought a bit more about my topic here :?

I suggest you remove this and my initial post again... REALLY!!!!

*Razmo, now ready to atone* :weep:
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I think the world stopped giving a shit about forum polls about three years ago :) They're just a bit of fun.

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Chris... ok... I see, but I still think that our little "feud" topic still should be erased... it serve no purpose exept for "bad karma", and don't want that :( ... really, I had no intention to make you sound like a double moral bastard, but I can see now that it could very well be interpreted that way... so please accept my appologies :? ... sometimes I write faster than my head can follow.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Chris Abbott wrote:
Matrix wrote:The last thing I bought retail was Unreal Tournament 2004 :) And before that ?

IK+

;)

maybe...
You bought C64 remix CDs :)

Chris
SSshshhhhhhhhh - thats a secret :lol:
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Razmo: Dont worry dude!!!

As far as polls they are not anonymous in the sense that the site owner can see the results and who voted on them.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

AnalogX: Thanks... :)

But I hit a nerve this time... when you play with fire, you are likely to get burned. End of story :?
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

The phpbb poll system is made clever enough that even a direct look into the database can maybe reveal who has taken part in a poll, but never what he/she has voted. This information is stored nowhere.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

Dunno what kind of pirate this makes me -

I download the software/movie/music before I buy it retail because i dont really want to waste money on something that isnt going to last or only has one shining feature or is pearl harbour.

There are a few artists (musical) that i buy without try/testing because i already know what's going to be on that cd is going to be class (NINE INCH NAILS!!! RAWR!) but not that many.. and i dont listen to the radio so i go into these things completely blind... better to be safe than £10 out of pocket.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Infamous: In my eyes that does not make you a pirate at all... if you go to the furniture store to buy a sofa, you try it out... if you go to a record store, you can preview the music... I guess that only services is a bit tricky with this (sure would be funny to ask the hairdresser for a TRY-BEFORE-BUY)...

...but nonetheless, if I download something from the net, to try it out first, you could easily get a furious email from your internet provider stating that some agent has seen you share, and that you should erase the file emidiately, and have your account cancelled if it happens again...

then you can use demo versions some might say, but they are usualy so crippled that it's not worth evaluating... who want to spend precious time demoing and then not be able to save... not me.