Happy birthday BIT Live 3

Forum Games, Funnies and other fun stuff. Post birthday wishes in the appropriate sub-forum.
tomsk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Happy birthday BIT Live 3

Post by tomsk »

The first BIT live I attended and brought away many happy memories - truely a magical weekend.

It's just such a shame there's no other similar event being organised. Woah - if there was i'd be there TOMORROW ! ;)
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Re: Happy birthday BIT Live 3

Post by Waz »

tomsk wrote:It's just such a shame there's no other similar event being organised. Woah - if there was i'd be there TOMORROW ! ;)
Cue Harry Enfield's "Double Take Brothers" moment...

Dunno if you're coming along tomorrow Tomsk, but if you are, see you there. And avoid any pub called the Thompson's Arms ;)

Seriously, I have fond memories of the BITLive 3 event, from the rehearsals on Thursday afternoon where PPOT and Ben were doing their thing and it was just great to watch, me and the PPOT guys outside the shop with the Commodore logo in Russell Square and hanging out with them and Kwed for a curry next to Gossips.. then going to Waterloo to meet The Shark and LaLa!

And as for the day itself, it was a very long day for me - up at 7.30am to watch the England-Brazil World Cup game, then heading out to see the remainder of the HVSC team who were coming along, setting up gear at the venue, then the whole evening was just one great gig. PPOT were awesome (as was Pascal Roggyn's epic violin on Monty on the Run - still the definitive version of that track as far as I'm concerned), Machinae Supremacy rocked, and everyone else also did their thing and enjoyed themselves too. It was a great night, even though it was boiling hot in there (I really felt like boil in the bag) and darned good fun!

The rest of that weekend was Game On at the Barbican and getting round London with some of the HVSC team (Peter Sandén, LaLa, The Shark, Adam Lorentzon, Kristoffer Johansson and Simon White) and also playing against LaLa, Shark, Adam and Kristoffer at World Games in 5 player mode, that was immense fun.

(A memory of World Games is always me and Dan's classic World Games commentary on the barrel jumping event: "No one's cleared it, and he's gone for three. Three barrels, surely? Oooooooh I think he might have cleared it, and he has!!")

Let's hope for more fond memories tomorrow night - been learning the words to Hey Hey 64K. I need to buy MJ Hibbett a pint (it was his birthday on the 19th)
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

Congratz bitlive3 and 5 :D
Have a great weekend at bit live all who is going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

That was my first bit of BIT Live action.. 5 years ago! Gibber!

Just think, that night I was too over-awed to go up and speak to a certain Jeff Minter, at Retrovision last month HE was buying ME drinks! :lol:
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Re: Happy birthday BIT Live 3

Post by dan gillgrass »

Waz wrote: Dunno if you're coming along tomorrow Tomsk, but if you are, see you there. And avoid any pub called the Thompson's Arms ;)

Lol, that joke is NEVER gonna grow old :))

Happy Birthday Bit Live 3 ... I shall celebrate tomorrow by having a drink or two.....

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)