Back in Time Live 2007 - official thread

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
RetroMarkie
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by RetroMarkie »

Chris Abbott wrote:Can we see how the Seth thing pans out before developing any of the ideas any further?
Totally ... I wont make any further plans until you give the word

Chris Abbott wrote:How about "SID Pissup 2007"? :)
Sounds about right!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

tomsk wrote:the freindships that have formed directly because of those events are still around, with a great feeling of wanting to "get together sometime".
I'd raise a glass of soft drink to that :) The most fun I had at BIT was the rehearsals or the pub thing before and after.

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

LMan / Remix64 wrote:
tas wrote:I don't want to sound like a stick in the mud, but i think the good days are pretty much over in regards to all this.
Hey mate, what goes for you does not necessarily go for everyone else. No offense, but in the days when we ran the site together we used to smile at people who wrote exactly that, because we knew they were wrong.
Fair enough. Just giving an opinion thats all. Hence the wording "i think". which makes it my opinion and not that of others anyway.

Tomsk is dead right. There's been some great friendships made through bitlive and that for me what made Bitlive a great success. We wouldn't have our annual meet Tomsk, Dan, Paul, Paul, TMR, Glyn, Waz, and me most certainly wouldn't never have happened if it wasn't for bitlive - that is still going strong today.

Personally, I do believe the days of the bigger events are over. The smaller cosier type may still work, especially if the risk is low because exactly for the reasons Tomsk mentioned - the personal friendships that have been developed.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

tomsk wrote:but surely the freindships that have formed directly because of those events are still around, with a great feeling of wanting to "get together sometime".
Hear hear! And it's been too damn long since I had the chance to have a pint with you guys!

On a personal note: Money to fund the trip will from the looks of it no longer be an issue. :D
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

PPOT has stuff in the casting mould. The scene isn't dead.
Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity
Location: Lund, Sweden. Fav colour: White. Fav remix: PPOT Comic

Post by Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson »

tas wrote:Personally, I do believe the days of the bigger events are over.
Warning! Personal opinions ahead. Sensitive people please go and watch TV, that'll suit you better! :D

Still reading? Well, just last Saturday Visa Röster held a concert with 350 people in the audience - my guesstimate is that at least 70 of these were C64 enthusiasts, coming to watch us perform 4 (!) C64-songs. Some of them driving 9 hours to get there... 8)

Big event? Yes, bigger than Bit Live London. Not when counting celebrities, but when counting the number of people watching...! :wink:

My wish is that everybody who are thinking "The good days are over", please do that in private - or somewhere else. Because it kind of ruins the fun for the people that have the energy and will to carry the flag for a continuity of the C64-remix scene. Maybe the days of massive C64-related CD-sales are over, but that has nothing to do with this scene, only the world in general.

The world is full of alternatives. If you like them better, please do enjoy! If you feel you're in the wrong place, most of the time there isn't anything wrong with the place, it's in your mind.

Sorry for being optimistic, but I can't help it! :D I wish you all a wonderful day, this last day of Summer 2006!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson wrote:Maybe the days of massive C64-related CD-sales are over,
They were never here...! Why bring that into it? Or imply that I'm somehow disconnected from the scene because the transfer of money is involved? This was about live events which were NEVER about the money. If that was the case, they wouldn't have happened...

No one over here has given up on the scene: me, Seth and Kenz are trying to get something going for June 2007, there are a number of CD releases in progress anyway (some will end being digital downloads), and the small kernel of enthusiasm is still there. A lot of my enthusiasm was drained by being looked down on by young, fresh idiots, and being in financial difficulty: plus everyone seemed to need a break after the end of a gloomy 2005. But I think we're back now, thanks to an injection of fresh energy from Seth, and a resurgent Kenz.

And congratulations on your concert :)

Chris
Last edited by Chris Abbott on 27/09/2006 - 8:59, edited 2 times in total.
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

I agree with Pex.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

OK, it looks as if we may be able to do something on June 22nd, 2007 in the City of London.

Venue is welcoming, Skitz has approved the spec, price is acceptable, and we're just waiting on confirmation that this date is OK.

The event title will be: "Back in Time Live: SID and the City", and the official aim will be to get all the C64 remixers back and celebrate them and chipmusic. Previous events have been all about live performance and composers: this one is about chip sounds, SID and remixers who have become "personalities" in their own right. The object is also to get everyone together and have a good time, so ticket prices will be priced merely to break even on all the costs (if there was enough sponsorship, we wouldn't need tickets and could make it free!).

Um, hope we haven't ruined the pissup though. It's only because Seth didn't get my email about the last failed attempt and emailed me saying "OK, when's this going to happen then" that it came about. Surprised me as much as anyone else.

Chris
RetroMarkie
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by RetroMarkie »

Um, hope we haven't ruined the pissup though
Yes Chris, this has completly destroyed my world and organising talents! LOL ... NNOOTT!! 8)

Dont be daft mate ... we have a gig! In London! Jobs a good un!

Go for it maty ... ;-) If I had known you had somthing up your sleeve then I wouldent have bothered ... Lets go! :D

Markie :)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

RetroMarkie wrote:
Um, hope we haven't ruined the pissup though
Yes Chris, this has completly destroyed my world and organising talents! LOL ... NNOOTT!! 8)

Dont be daft mate ... we have a gig! In London! Jobs a good un!

Go for it maty ... ;-) If I had known you had somthing up your sleeve then I wouldent have bothered ... Lets go! :D

Markie :)
Well, the thing is, I didn't know about the thing up my sleeve until Seth took my arm and waved it about :)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I'll tell you one thing though: we've got mics as part of the deal. We've got playback equipment... who's up for a return of the Mafia? :)

I'm looking at you, Lars and DHS... ;-)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

OK, it's officially on.

22nd June, 2007, at "Spitz" (we'll be replacing the "P" with a "K"!!)

Here's the actual bit we'll be in:
http://www.spitz.co.uk/images_press/Venue/Venue3.JPG

Now we have to ask Jeroen to come and perform! The gig will also be the last date on Seth's European tour :) Um, anyone in touch with Jeroen? :)

Subject to availability, Skitz will be the DJ for the evening :)

Chris
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

Chris Abbott wrote:OK, it's officially on.

22nd June, 2007, at "Spitz" (we'll be replacing the "P" with a "K"!!)

Here's the actual bit we'll be in:
http://www.spitz.co.uk/images_press/Venue/Venue3.JPG

Now we have to ask Jeroen to come and perform! The gig will also be the last date on Seth's European tour :) Um, anyone in touch with Jeroen? :)

Subject to availability, Skitz will be the DJ for the evening :)

Chris
You could ask Ziphoid or Andreas Wallstrom to ask Jeroen....both will be at X2006 ( as will i, but i'm not the person to ask )
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'
RetroMarkie
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by RetroMarkie »

Can I paint my head green?