FIFA World cup 2006 in Germany

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

its coming home! its coming home!...

to brazil :P
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Go go, Trinidad & Tabasco (or whatever the hell you're called)!

I've really not gotten into the Wold Cup mood yet. I hope I do, because even though I don't really care so much about football these days, the world cup is always one hell of a party!
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Rondo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Rondo »

Makke wrote:I've really not gotten into the Wold Cup mood yet.
Same here, but I'm pretty confident I will once the show gets started. Haven't picked a particular team to root for, but I expect it'll be loads of fun all the same. The previous Cup certainly was, especially the final, as I happened to be in Helsinki at the time and had the chance to watch the game with my oldest friend. Coincidentally, in early July I'm planning to go to the same music festival that took me to the capital four years ago, looks like I might be able to catch the quarterfinals with said friend. Yay!

Of course, the real reason I'm writing this is that I wanted to congratulate you on your 1000th post. ;) Yay again!
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Makke wrote: Go go, Trinidad & Tabasco (or whatever the hell you're called)!
Just remember you said that just incase they happen to beat Sweden this weekend!
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Rondo wrote:Of course, the real reason I'm writing this is that I wanted to congratulate you on your 1000th post. ;) Yay again!
Oh, right you are! Thanks. :)
Waz wrote:Just remember you said that just incase they happen to beat Sweden this weekend!
It wasn't that seriously meant. In fact, I hope they do well (though, in all honesty, I doubt they will)...just not at the expense of Sweden. ;)
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

And I'm quite sure a lot of people (me included) will be cheering on Costa Rica tomorrow :)

Have to dig out the old Paulo Wanchope chants that we used to sing to him at Man City, and sing along tomorrow like this to the theme of Top Cat:

Wanchope!
The simply brilliant
Wanchope!
The indisputable..
Close friends get to call him Paulo
Give him the ball and he'll score you a goaaaaaaaaaaalllll..

hehe!
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

No, this is not Switzerland. But fits better here in the moment.
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Judging from the noise throughout the house, I guess Germany leads at the mo.
All is lost.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Embarrasing. Simply embarrasing.

T&T played well though, because Sweden allowed them to. They shouldn't stand a chance, but they did exactly what they needed to and Sweden played, for the better part of the game, like crap.
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Saw the game myself Makke: and to be honest it wasn't just a case of Sweden allowing them to play well. Even down to 10 men T&T at least went for it - like that shot that rattled the crossbar.

I fear it was more on an over-reliance on Henrik Larsson to pull the strings, and when that didn't happen, the team just didn't play together as a unit enough.

Mind you, one of your fellow Swedes did their best to make England almost play as badly, with bizarre substitution choices and negative tactics that made me very glad he's leaving the job after the World Cup.
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Rondo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Rondo »

Something geeky:

[url]telnet://ascii-wm.net:2006[/url]
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Waz wrote:Saw the game myself Makke: and to be honest it wasn't just a case of Sweden allowing them to play well. Even down to 10 men T&T at least went for it - like that shot that rattled the crossbar.
I'm not trying to take away T&T their effort, I'm just saying that had Sweden played like they should have, the opertunities wouldn't even have been there. Plus, had Sweden put the chances they had in the net, the few chances T&T had would not have made such an impact on the over all picture of the game.

Once again, not trying to take away T&T their cred. Standing up against Sweden like that, and with only 10 players, is a major feat!
Waz wrote:I fear it was more on an over-reliance on Henrik Larsson to pull the strings, and when that didn't happen, the team just didn't play together as a unit enough.
I think it was a general over-reliance on "every one else". None of the Swedish players wanted to step up and take the lead. It almost felt like they were in a hurry to get rid of the ball, and always passed it to the closest standing team mate, hoping he'd do something with it.

It looked a little better the last 10 minutes, but by then it was too late.
Waz wrote:Mind you, one of your fellow Swedes did their best to make England almost play as badly, with bizarre substitution choices and negative tactics that made me very glad he's leaving the job after the World Cup.
I thought England played really well the first half of the game, but had a bit of a slump in the second. And yes, I don't understand the subs either, but at least you won the game.