Charity Night - The Concert - Saturday May 6th 2006

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Slick2097
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Slick2097 »

dj_pete wrote:Yes it is me (here for the first time) ---the resident deejay from the avenue and also the sound and lighting technician!!!!
I must say it has been a busy couple of weeks for myself and Paul setting up the new lighting and sound rig but it was well worth the effort seeing the performance on saturday.
With reference to the B.I.T. gig last year I ended up at the side of the stage due to lack of seating space and the extended stage but at the end of that gig I decided that no matter what I was putting sound desk foh this time!! :oops: What a job we had running multicores through ceiling but they're in now including D.M.X. cables for moving lights which arrived today (should have arrived last week--never mind)

<<SNIP>>

PETE (lots of buttons to mess with) sound guy and cheesy dj
Pete, you did a cracking job this year, last year was a bit touch and go at times but this year the SID80's set was handled excellently.

Great job, oh and welcome to the boards :)

Ste.
khisanth
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by khisanth »

Why was this advertised as a c64 retro event when it was 99% a family charity night event with 1% c64 concert?

The ticket said doors open at 2pm and concert starts at 7pm !!!

SID80's didnt play until 10pm!!!

Felt like I had gatecrashed somebody's wedding. Was a bit annoyed to be honest, waiting all that time.

But Ben and Co were great.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

khisanth wrote:Why was this advertised as a c64 retro event when it was 99% a family charity night event with 1% c64 concert?
Well, the event was labeled "Charity Night", so why were you disappointed when it was a charity night? :)
Sidman 64
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sidman 64 »

khisanth wrote:Why was this advertised as a c64 retro event when it was 99% a family charity night event with 1% c64 concert?

The ticket said doors open at 2pm and concert starts at 7pm !!!

SID80's didnt play until 10pm!!!

Felt like I had gatecrashed somebody's wedding. Was a bit annoyed to be honest, waiting all that time.

But Ben and Co were great.

I arranged this as a charity night in aid of Saddleworth Special needs playgroup.
It says on the tickets FEATURING mark 'madfiddler' knight, ben daglish, jeremy longley, matthew cannon & morgan !
It does not state that its a Retro or C64 event anywhere on the ticket
I asked Madfiddler & co if they would like to do this to support the cause and they agreed, so it was never billed as a C64 concert.
Where it says doors/bar open from 2pm - concert starts at 7pm, well some of you like a beer or 2 :) so while the band was rehearsing you could chillout and have a beer, I was there and did have a good chat with about 6 retro guys, Mark Rayson was all set to come up but fell ill through the week and could not make it :oops:
If he had been there then you could of had a chat with him as thats why he put on the tickets doors open 2pm.

The day was about CHARITY and raising money for that.
Sorry if you did not fully enjoy what we put on, I can't please everybody.
Again I would just like to thank everybody who donated and helped to raise £1,600 which is what it was all about :D

Paul
Slick2097
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Slick2097 »

Danceaway wrote:Again I would just like to thank everybody who donated and helped to raise £1,600 which is what it was all about :D

Paul
Damn straight.

Ste.
khisanth
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by khisanth »

Well the ticket had SID80's people all over it and looked very similar to Back in Time tickets, the previous charity event's ticket gave you an idea of what it would be like better!

It did give me and my mate a good chance to drink and have a natter I suppose. He did okay, he won the PSP. This was after I had said "I bet you win as you already have a PSP!"

good result with the money made though.
Sidman 64
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sidman 64 »

Just a quick update to the money raised.
I have just received another £100 from a name card I forgot I handed out to a friend :oops:
She has just given it to me and said the winner wants to donate his win so its another £100 to the pot = £1700 :D

On top of this a friend from the local pub is doing a parachute jump on the 17th or 18th May and he has chosen Saddleworth Special Needs Playgroup chairty to donate the proceeds :D

I have arranged for the local paper to meet me at the playgroup this Thursday to present the cheque for £1700, I will add to the report about the parachute jump and that all the proceeds from that will also go to the playgroup :D
I think we will go over £2,000 + !!!!!
Will post a picture of the paper report next week when its out :wink:

Paul
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Danceaway wrote:Just a quick update to the money raised.
I have just received another £100 from a name card I forgot I handed out to a friend :oops:
She has just given it to me and said the winner wants to donate his win so its another £100 to the pot = £1700 :D

On top of this a friend from the local pub is doing a parachute jump on the 17th or 18th May and he has chosen Saddleworth Special Needs Playgroup chairty to donate the proceeds :D

I have arranged for the local paper to meet me at the playgroup this Thursday to present the cheque for £1700, I will add to the report about the parachute jump and that all the proceeds from that will also go to the playgroup :D
I think we will go over £2,000 + !!!!!
Will post a picture of the paper report next week when its out :wink:

Paul
That's one happy playgroup :) Well done!

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

What happened to all the buffet food :( I wanted a doggie bag and forgot... Awesome spread that btw - kudos to whomever made it.... wasn't too sure about the semen vol-au-vons (sp?) though :lol:
Sidman 64
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sidman 64 »

Matrix wrote:What happened to all the buffet food :( I wanted a doggie bag and forgot... Awesome spread that btw - kudos to whomever made it.... wasn't too sure about the semen vol-au-vons (sp?) though :lol:
Unfortantly the bloody barmaid cleared the buffet early :evil:
My wife and her friend made the buffet so thanks Matrix I will tell her :wink:
I didn't get any of it as I was that busy I forgot to get some food :evil:
dj_pete

Post by dj_pete »

I never got any food either too bloody busy :(
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

The canapés of doooooom....

--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
dj_pete

Post by dj_pete »

YOU DIDN'T EAT IT DID YOU ? :shock:
anyone fancy remixing the birdy song ????
dj_pete

Post by dj_pete »

I need to have words with Paul :evil: coz I have just spent the last hour listening to remixes of deflektor!!!! WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME???
Am I becoming a LEMMING (loved that game on amiga-great memories)

:help:

Think I am becoming a retrohead and will probably turn green lol :roll:
anyone fancy remixing the birdy song ????
Sidman 64
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sidman 64 »

dj_pete wrote:I need to have words with Paul :evil: coz I have just spent the last hour listening to remixes of deflektor!!!! WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME???
Am I becoming a LEMMING (loved that game on amiga-great memories)

:help:

Think I am becoming a retrohead and will probably turn green lol :roll:
U HAVE FINAL SEEN THE DARKSIDE YOUNG APPRENTICE :twisted:
I have shown u the way of the C64, be proud and enjoy :lol: