commodore returns

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

commodore returns

Post by Steve B »

I C 64 People

Computers can never replace human stupidity
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

AGAIN !!! fingers crossed they get it right this time.
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

How long? Bets are on. :?
All is lost.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

about has long as a piece of string.
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

Sometimes it feels like it would be better to dig a deeeep hole and dunk the whole Commodore affair into it.

I mean, resurrecting the Atari brand was a success but look who was behind it.

Looking at the vultures that ripped at Commodore for the past 15 years, it's more like molesting a rotten corpse.

I would be eternally happy if the Commodore community could get a hold on the brand but that's too silly of a day dream...
All is lost.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Yeah, the Commodore brand is commercially jinxed. No one seems to be able to make money of it anymore.
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Atari had History didn't they. I mean Atari was Huge way before commodore was ever thought about, also Atari were more known for their games first hardware and computing second.

Once Atari flopped, it was never resurected until Infogrammes took the brand. Infogrammes were then one of the biggest and most successful companies in europe at the time.

Atari has always been known as a major player in the videogame industry right from it's early days, where commodore's efforts to make games were largly laughable, they were certainly more Hardware orientated than Atari.

I see commodore and Atari has having things in common but structurely very different. Two different realms completely.
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

Makke wrote:Yeah, the Commodore brand is commercially jinxed. No one seems to be able to make money of it anymore.
It's hardly surprising. Commodore was known for few successes and lots of failures, and only the DTV capitalised on the brand in a relevant way. All other ideas from the new version of the company have merely used old names for totally unrelated products, most of which are inferior to competing products (only a fool would pic a "VIC" MP3 player over, say, an iPod).

As for the brand itself, Ironstone did its level best to wreck that, taking a logo on a par with Apple's or Nike's and then ruining it with a bunch of sub-par 1990s Photoshop "special effects".