Episode #014: the "Heja Sverige!" special

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Episode #014: the "Heja Sverige!" special

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Music and remixes from the land that brought you Abba, Sven-Göran Eriksson and sliced bananas on pizza.

Mp3 grabbable from http://www.slayradio.org/podcast/ or via the podcast RSS feed. If you're using iTunes click here to go to the subscribtion page.
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Re: Episode #014: the "Heja Sverige!" special

Post by Waz »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:Music and remixes from the land that broughtSven-Göran Eriksson
Sadly.. :( the England manager who should be sacked and shows more passion with women than he does about the team. Read the rant on my website in the Thoughts section.

However, back to the show: great show as ever though, Jan! :) Nice to see that you're still finding inspiration for variety and quality.
Last edited by Waz on 26/09/2005 - 20:33, edited 2 times in total.
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Slick2097
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Slick2097 »

Geez, the man loses one qualifier and everyone turns on him.

ok, 4 5 1 is unpopular I agree but we need a second formation to play against the likes of the brazils and the italians of the world. So why not experiment when its not quite so important?

Besides, the formation is 15% of the performance, the players themselves make up the rest ..

Have to say another top notch show Jan, i even grabbed the earlier ones from iTunes and listened to them.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Slick2097 wrote:Geez, the man loses one qualifier and everyone turns on him.
Er, no, the man screwed up the England football team, threw away entry into the European championships, failed to inspire the team, and then leads the team to a loss against a supposedly much inferior side. And Waz is right, the only passion discernable in him is for women other than his wife.

And there's this refusal to admit that David Beckham is now a useless player. You can see him actually running away from the ball if his pathetic tackle fails...

Chis
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Aw, feck!

I didn't mean for this to turn into another footy thread (especially since I already have to ignore those elsewhere on the forums). I was trying to come up with a list of well-known Swedes past and present, not stir up an incident.

(resists temptation to edit original post and delete comments... )

Get back on track, or suffer my caffeine-fueled wrath. :D
Slick2097
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Slick2097 »

Eeek, not the caffine fueled wrath!

How was the rating for the last show? I might have missed it if you put it in another thread.

How well is the show doing on iTunes?

Ste.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Slick2097 wrote:How was the rating for the last show? I might have missed it if you put it in another thread.

How well is the show doing on iTunes?
Rating? Do you mean the podcast alley vote count? That one isn't compiled per show - it is based on the number of votes cast in the current month. So far the highest overall position its had is 64 (out of some 7000 podcasts in total) and 5th on the music category.

Unfortunately iTunes doesn't give out ANY sort of information to podcasters, so unless you're in the top-100 list you're not gonna know. Plus, I heard somewhere that the list is based on new subscriptions within the past 24 hours, but that's never been confirmed/denied.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:Unfortunately iTunes doesn't give out ANY sort of information to podcasters, so unless you're in the top-100 list you're not gonna know.
Checked the iTMS Denmark top-100 podcast listing late last night. Guess what I found at 43 ? :D

And I have the screenshot to prove it, too.
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote: Rating? Do you mean the podcast alley vote count? That one isn't compiled per show - it is based on the number of votes cast in the current month. So far the highest overall position its had is 64 (out of some 7000 podcasts in total) and 5th on the music category.
Being beat by some Harry Potter cast.... bah! some people!

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

You know, it occurs to me that it might be nice to have a show where the host hardly ever talks about C64 music at all, but just plays it. After all, most shows on commercial radio, the music is kind of taken for granted, in favour of other chat. Frankly, I want to do a show where I monitor a random IRC channel in real-time and make fun of what they type while playing C64 remixes occasionally. It would be even funnier if Boz was there to read out the inane transcript in funny voices ;-)

Chris
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Chris Abbott wrote:You know, it occurs to me that it might be nice to have a show where the host hardly ever talks about C64 music at all, but just plays it.
Well I did think about a complimentary podcast called the SID Show where I play nothing but SIDs from a real C64 (either mine or Ben's!) and then very briefly talk about the tune before or after the SID, so you get the full tune)

And I still must do Worst SIDs Ever volume 2 sometime for Slaygon...

(ps: could someone delete the Guest post? that was me in error.)
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

wazzaw wrote:(ps: could someone delete the Guest post? that was me in error.)
Did that and disabled Guest posting now. :)
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Chris Abbott wrote:You know, it occurs to me that it might be nice to have a show where the host hardly ever talks about C64 music at all, but just plays it.
Ehm .... Isn't that what the regular SLAY Radio stream does? Heck, it doesn't even have a DJ trying to get between the listener and the tunes.
Chris Abbott wrote:After all, most shows on commercial radio, the music is kind of taken for granted, in favour of other chat.
I know. And that's why I stopped listening to commercial radio years ago.

Even the public service channels here in Denmark started going for the "HEYHEYHEY!!! IT'S SIX FORTYFIVE AND YOU'RE TUNED INTO RADIO 3, WHERE THE TENTH CALLER WINS A COPY OF THE NEW SEAN PAUL ALBUM.". Unless you're tuned into P2 which is all classical with one presenter trying to make you fall asleep faster than the other. :D

And now we have podcasting. Or as I like to call it "radio without the annoying bits". Which is bringing me the enjoyment and the fun that regular radio have failed to deliver for what feels like eternity. And that's just talking as a regular listener - not as someone who creates content for others to enjoy as well.

Anyhoo, this is on the verge of becoming a regular rant. Must stop before I start flinging caffeine-fueled obscenities at people. :D
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:
Ehm .... Isn't that what the regular SLAY Radio stream does? Heck, it doesn't even have a DJ trying to get between the listener and the tunes.
Chris Abbott wrote:After all, most shows on commercial radio, the music is kind of taken for granted, in favour of other chat.
I know. And that's why I stopped listening to commercial radio years ago.

Even the public service channels here in Denmark started going for the "HEYHEYHEY!!! IT'S SIX FORTYFIVE AND YOU'RE TUNED INTO RADIO 3, WHERE THE TENTH CALLER WINS A COPY OF THE NEW SEAN PAUL ALBUM.". Unless you're tuned into P2 which is all classical with one presenter trying to make you fall asleep faster than the other. :D

And now we have podcasting. Or as I like to call it "radio without the annoying bits". Which is bringing me the enjoyment and the fun that regular radio have failed to deliver for what feels like eternity. And that's just talking as a regular listener - not as someone who creates content for others to enjoy as well.

Anyhoo, this is on the verge of becoming a regular rant. Must stop before I start flinging caffeine-fueled obscenities at people. :D

Percolate off you latté ;-)

Chris
tony.rc
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by tony.rc »

Basically I just download Kwed's pod casts to hear his thoughts about this and that as well to listen to C64 remixes thats are not easily accessible.
Chrome - keeping the Aussie scene alive