Game.Machines - a time journey across the video game epoch

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Rafael Dyll
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Game.Machines - a time journey across the video game epoch

Post by Rafael Dyll »

Hi all,

Some may have been wondering where I've been recently, and why I haven't released anything lately. The reason is mainly due to lack of time, work, moving house, but above all my involvement in a book project called `Game.Machines.`I have been writing the English translation of the extremely succesful German version by Winnie Forster, known for his work on PowerPlay, VideoGames and Man!ac games mags. Finally, after many endless nights of work and hour-long discussions on tech facts, grammar and game titles, it is now available in the UK through MbD (from Neil's online store).

http://www.mbdrecords.com

Here's a brief summary of what it's all about:

`33 years of on-screen fun and interaction: This book presents every game computer and console ever created, from Japan, USA and Europe, along with classic software in its authentic, pixellated glory, and background information and key technical facts.

More than 400 dream machines and million sellers, bizarre slip-ups and exotic variants are celebrated in full colour chapters and appendixes. From Atari to Xbox, from the C64 to Nintendo DS: Game.Machines is the reference point for members of the playstation generation; whether they're gamers or collectors.

Originally published in Germany, Game.Machines has been recognised as a 'suitable reference' and 'recommended reading' (by Germany's premier micro monthly C't), as 'very entertaining' (Gamestar) and 'compulsory reading' (Playzone) or simply as 'Ace' (ComputerBILD). Two years in the making, this greatly enhanced and revised edition invites you to a time journey across the video game epoch: From the 4-bit beginning to the broadband future.

'A thilling journey... don't miss it! (Official PlayStation Magazine, OPM)´

I sincerely hope you guys will like it. Winnie, his team and I have put tons of sweat into this beautiful book and wish you happy reading!

And remember: "Shoot or die!´ :wink:
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Good Read it is too raf. =)

good work =)
Rafael Dyll
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Rafael Dyll »

Just one small addition:

Neil's site now sports 3 PDFs of sample pages, so you can see the type of quality of layout, pictures and text you get in the book.

The samples are:

- Fairchild Channel F (full chapter)
- Tandy TRS 80 (full chapter)
- Atari ST (full chapter)
- Sega Mega Drive (excerpt)

The complete book is abvously written in chronological order, with addtional era-chapters on the beginning, then 8-Bit, 16-Bit, CD-ROM age etc.

Plus, full lists and tables on tech facts and an index of all featured games and machines. You can browse, use it as a reference or simply read it front to back before going to sleep.

Errr... I'm rambling now, sorry.