Outrun 2 - XBox

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Outrun 2 - XBox

Post by Matrix »

Anyone know if PPOT have been approached to get their Outrun remix into the game ? and if not .... WHY NOT !!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

'Cos they don't work for Sega, probably. The remixes in the game are a tad disappointing, but I've no idea what I would have expected either. You know, Martin Galway said exactly the same thing to me about Back in Time 1...

Chris
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

The Xbox version isn't actually handled by Sega, but by an outsourced development group.

Too bad if the music sucks, though you could always use the PPOT mix if you want to because of the hard disk feature on the Xbox to include your own rips in the game. :-)
weblaus
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by weblaus »

Lagerfeldt wrote:The Xbox version isn't actually handled by Sega, but by an outsourced development group.
They're working in close cooperation and with full support of Sega in alle regards. Edge did a recent big feature on the game, and it's been said in various interviews around the web.
Too bad if the music sucks, though you could always use the PPOT mix if you want to because of the hard disk feature on the Xbox to include your own rips in the game. :-)
The quality of the music originates from the original arcade machine, the soundtrack of which can be found on the net, as well.. the HD feature of the Xbox only is of use if a game actually supports it, and Out Run 2 doesnt (at least in the preview copy I got from Sega a few weeks ago).

Mighty fine game, though.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Bummer :(

Maybe they should buy Press Play on Tape's CD to see what they missin :)
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

weblaus wrote:
Lagerfeldt wrote:The Xbox version isn't actually handled by Sega, but by an outsourced development group.
They're working in close cooperation and with full support of Sega in alle regards. Edge did a recent big feature on the game, and it's been said in various interviews around the web.
Yes I subscribe to Edge Magazine, an excellent mag.