Ormgas.com poll: Your favorite remix/rearrangement site?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Liontamer
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA - Community Manager & Submissions Evaluator, OverClocked ReMix

Ormgas.com poll: Your favorite remix/rearrangement site?

Post by Liontamer »

Hey, folks. Just wanted to introduce myself quickly. I'm Liontamer from OverClocked ReMix, which many of you know of and is the website most North American fans know for game music rearrangements. I don't have as deep a knowledge of the European scene, but I do know several remixers like Chris Abbott, Instant Remedy, The Dead Guys, Makke, Mark Vera, Gecko Yamori, The SoundWavers, Markus Schneider, Infamous & Selecta Novel from music I've heard via OCR and VGMix. I'm always glad to hear great videogame music arrangements from anywhere, which is why I try and check R:K:O & AMIGAremix every-so-often to see what's popular.

I want to get genuine representation from the European game arrangement fans in the current poll Ormgas.com is doing, so that why I'm hoping some of you guys can swing by and vote.

For anyone interested, Ormgas.com's poll this week is looking to find out your favorite classic gaming console or computer. Head on over to http://oc.ormgas.com and check out the left sidebar to vote for one of the 9 choices. Here's hoping SOMETHING gives the NES and SNES some damn competition!

Feel free to leave comments either at Ormgas, the unofficial OverClocked ReMix radio webstream (run out of Sweden!), or right here in the thread. If you vote for the Neo-Geo, you get a limited edition copy of Fatal Fury Densetsu Garou Special Bout '92. Vote early. Vote often. Thanks to everyone who decides on voting! :)
Last edited by Liontamer on 22/09/2004 - 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

Done.

I like overclocked (and the new design is much better) but it would be nice with some more amiga remixes as I feel that there are far too few amiga remixes.

NES 89
SNES 66
Sega Genesis 49
Playstation 31
C64 16
Amiga 13

:/ The low rate of C64 remixes isn't so bad since kwed makes up for that by overflowing with them. I like the number of Playstation remixes as it is somewhat retro to me (not as much as spectrum, amstrad, c64, amiga of course.) Also, one of my favourite PS tracks is by Rob Hubbard (if I remember correctly, its been years since I saw it, I think it was Magic Carpet.)

There ought to be some occasional promotion of systems with few remixes. :-)
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Yeah, support Overclocked! It's a nice site, especially since I've been thinking of remixing some non-Commodore platform stuff as well in the future. :)
Liontamer
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA - Community Manager & Submissions Evaluator, OverClocked ReMix

Post by Liontamer »

Hey, y'all. I'm looking for your votes for another poll over at Ormgas.com, this time for your favorite videogame remix/rearrangement website. Ormgas.com is the unofficial radio station of OCReMix.org, which is why I chose not to put that site on the list (most listeners there would just pick that, and I'm trying to create awareness of other places for them).

R:K:O, AMIGAremix & C64 Audio are all choices on a list made up of several VG remix sites that offer free & commercial arrangement releases. Please check out the poll and represent for the European scene!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

No one will vote for C64Audio against RKO... it's.... GASP commercial (which means most people won't have heard the full length tracks). Plus the website design is really showing its age.

Hell, I wouldn't even vote for it against RKO, even though I believe passionately in the quality of the CDs.

Chris
GeckoYamori
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by GeckoYamori »

There is a great lack of C64 and Amiga remixes on Overclocked since the majority of mixers (And listeners) are american, where these platforms weren't popular at all. I always try to introduce them to the wonderful world of SID though, by adding C64 elements to many of my console remixes.
Xelebes
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Xelebes »

I'm still thinking about making an Atari Remix site. Never played the systems but gaddamn I love the tunes.
Liontamer
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Liontamer »

GeckoYamori wrote:There is a great lack of C64 and Amiga remixes on Overclocked since the majority of mixers (And listeners) are american, where these platforms weren't popular at all. I always try to introduce them to the wonderful world of SID though, by adding C64 elements to many of my console remixes.
djpretzel & I are really enthusiastic about having more C64 & Amiga remixes at OCR, because like GY says they're massively underrepresented.

Myself, I have a limited view of the scene here, but I'm hoping to hear stuff submitted from Larsec, more Makke, LMan & Larsec's Ghosts 'N Goblins collab, and definitely N-Joy's Stormlord remix with Simona ("Seneca's Marble Pack"). Of course you can count on Gecko to have some C64 ideas beyond The Last Ninja. If anyone has any other recommendations for stuff that's good enough for OC ReMix, certainly PM me and let me know. I'm all for further familiarizing myself with the material here!

It's kind of funny how people have this stigma against commercial material, like Chris mentioned. I don't see what's inherently wrong with it, but in any case, I certainly hope that people from Ormgas.com take the time to check out all of the links, free and commerical. Everyone here keep voting, BTW!