London or Brighton? Vote here.

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...

Where?

London?
66%
Brighton?
34%

Total votes: 32

Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

I don't care where it's being held, really... Be it Brighton or London or me performing or not, I will be there...
<--- I went that way --->
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

I agree with Elliot, ill be pimping the DVD like mad.... gotta share what BL2003 was.... unmissable.

As for the Lugging - true enough... for the scene i think its a shame that we dont have enough talent in the uk to fill a stage, the continent has more than its fair share of scene events, that DOES mean that ppl coming over to entertain us have to cope with whatever route is planned. Brighton IS a nightmare for those ppl..

Chris does have a point though - and its an old point, "you cant please everyone".... maybe us brits are just lazy. For me its not laziness, its measuring up the hasstle and cost vs the fun element and time im there.

Its gonna be a loser fomr some1 no matter what chris does..... the poll shows that, so i guess we should give as much support as we can, and think of the effort the entertainers and guests goto to get here.
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

boatman wrote:Source: http://www.wiredsussex.com/about/brighton.asp

"London Gatwick international airport is 26 minutes by frequent train services and 35 minutes by road from Brighton."

So, I don´t see any problems regarding coming to Brighton for non UK residents (like me coming from Germany) 8)
Source: Myself.

Landing to Stanstedt, 40/50 minutes train to london, another 2 hours to Brighton by train (about don't remember exactly) paying something like 36 pounds (about 3 times what i paid for the airplane) to go (and another 33 to come back directly to Stanstedt).

anyway, if it's the 18th, i'm not gonna come anyway, so, for me is ok whatever will be :)
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

36 pounds (about 3 times what i paid for the airplane)
- Holy Smeg !! :shock: What airline ? Budget International !! I cant goto Leeds for that from Manchester !!
Xelebes
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Xelebes »

How about London, Ontario? :)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Well, we can designate a pub in London Ontario, and you could be there at the same time as BIT Live here...

Chris
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

You know, a random thought occurs: there were some people recording the last BIT Live for their personal use: these people missed the whole concert while they were looking down at their viewfinders all the time. You gotta wonder if it was worth it for them...

Chris
Last edited by Chris Abbott on 19/04/2004 - 7:08, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Dont worry chris - all that footage will go in the bin when the DVD hits town ;)
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

I'm of the same opinion about London as Matrix. Of the 3 occasions I've been in London, I can honestly say I don't like it at all. On a personal level, I like the countryside & the smaller towns & cities too much to stand being in London for too long.

Being in London for a Bitlive event is very different though. I treat every Bitlive event like it would be the last so, wherever the event was held (in the UK anyway), I would beg, steal, borrow the money to turn up in any case. :) I was, financially, very close to things like direct debits going unpaid when the two London Gossips events came around but I still went as it was something I felt I could not miss. I would have regretted it if I had been ultra-cautious with my money and not turned up.

It would take a lot to get me to London and the quality of the Bitlive events make that worthwhile. I just don't think I would subject myself to the insane pace that London seems to run at for any length of time other than for another Bitlive event.

I've voted for Brighton because it was far easier to travel around before the event, it wasn't such an in-yer-face experience unlike London where it's bordering on claustrophobic when travelling on foot. The only headache was the long journey time (9 hours) but setting off very early was enough for me. Finally, Brighton was just like Cleethorpes only a lot bigger so it was virtually home from home for me. :)

Paul
Last edited by Chappers on 19/04/2004 - 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> I treat every Bitlive event like it would be the last
Good attitude: you can't take things like BIT Live for granted, based as they are on one man's financial idiocy :)

Chris
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

and you chris - are the financial idiot ;)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> and you chris - are the financial idiot
Er, I think that was what I was saying, yes!

Chris
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

ummmm ok then :)

This sore head doesnt help when trying to make bad jokes!!!!

DOH!
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

I enjoyed Brighton more than i enjoyed London....

BUT....

Gossips wasn't an ideal location, and this is what we should take into consideration. If it was held in London then a different location may just prove that either choice is no brainier.

I voted for London, despite actually prefering Brighton as a location, purely on the basis of "Ease of getting there".

And for a second and taking my selfish head off, i think it makes sense to have a location as near as damn it to an airport or and if possible a good rail link which is accessable from most parts of the country.

Cheap flights from many countries land at stanstead hence automatically makes London more sense. The rail to london is as good as anywhere in britain, so that also makes sense for the Brits.

if only it was possible to move brighton to london and london to brighton ;)

So for purely "ease of use" i chose London
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

i voted london for pretty much the same reason as neil and for my own personal reasons.

I just think for those that have to lug stuff about it'll be so much easier, it should in theory cost less aswell (i said in theory so plz dont all jump on that at the same time.. im more than likely wrong but then i might not be.. without a team of 300 researchers we'll never know).. but yeah london is where it should be held.

theres plenty enough ppl in london that could just "drop in" aswell with a lil advertisement, more foreigners seem to go into london than brighton and there are far more liberal minded people there (see the word "mental") in london so the idea of a 8bit revival might just appeal to some strange guy called judd or spalding or something who's just walking past, gotta let chris make SOME money back afterall so yeah london.. it'd be financially better for him im sure.