New reverb-Programm :o)

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
tom
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

New reverb-Programm :o)

Post by tom »

recieved it today and i am totally happy ! :lol:
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

I'm not familiar with that name, can you repeat it ;)
tom
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by tom »

:lol: the name of the reverb-plug in??? Yeah .. it's called "SPACE DESIGNER"
The Space Designer is a high-end reverb plug-in for the Logic Series. Featuring a real-time convolution process, it is now possible to produce a reverb in Logic that is virtually indistinguishable from that of a real room or hall. Using a real-time calculation process, Space Designer merges the input signal with a reverberation sample - the impulse response (IR) - taken from any acoustic space such as, for example, a room, hall, or cathedral. The result sounds as if the input signal had actually been recorded directly in the sampled room. The reverb can be further shaped using Space Designer’s comprehensive parameter set. Space Designer ships with a library of over 1,000 impulse responses. These include real rooms and halls, as well as legendary classic and contemporary reverb units. In addition, you can always record your own impulse responses.
http://www.emagic.de

did i say that i am happy :wink:

a nice day
Thomas
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Mornin! :)

Didn't Sonic Foundry's Acoustics Modeler/Acoustics Mirror work in a similar way?

Have a nice day,

- Markus :)
Markus Schneider
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Markus Schneider »

Acoustic Modeler
Samplitude 7.0
Altiverb (MAC)
RayVerb
SIR (Free Plugin)
GigaPulse (TBA)
MIR (TBA)

But the Reverbs are very dependent from the impulses. I swear for the Ernest Cholakis Impulse Library (and have no money to buy them). It's absolutely great. Or a use the Reverb of a Soundblaster Live :wink: I still try to get one.
Markus
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
tom
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by tom »

I used the ALTIVERB-Demo a bit , which is indeed great, but the demo is over and i switched to the EMAGIC Version of this Plug_in :wink:

bye
Thomas
sumppi
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by sumppi »

tom wrote::lol: the name of the reverb-plug in??? Yeah .. it's called "SPACE DESIGNER"
I just love Space Designer too, somehow it just ends up being used in everything I do :)

The only problem is that my G4 is too slow to handle more than four-five instances at a time so it's the time for creative bus use and freezing again until I get a G5 set :)

Oh, anyone have any idea about a decent Audio Unit compressor? The Logic's own is basically ok, but...

Sumppi
tom
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by tom »

sumppi wrote:The only problem is that my G4 is too slow to handle more than four-five instances at a time so it's the time for creative bus use and freezing again until I get a G5 set :)
Sumppi
:lol: yeah, today i tried this TJA MAHAL (or something like that)
and my G4 Dual 1,25 with 2 GB of RAM did not play any audio !!
But anyway, i don't need such looooooong reverbs (25 seconds if i am not wrong) , i am more interested in ROOMS and PLATES and those are very useable with my G4 :wink:

greetz
Thomas
sumppi
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by sumppi »

tom wrote:But anyway, i don't need such looooooong reverbs (25 seconds if i am not wrong) , i am more interested in ROOMS and PLATES and those are very useable with my G4
Yeah, I don't really use the longer reverbs with the SD, I'm a friend of a pretty dry mix in the end. :) But for me SD is The Tool to adapt all the different sounds to same space, as the name promptly says.

But then again, G5 does run over 30 instances of it... Drool :)

Sumppi
tom
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by tom »

:lol: i will buy a G5 if APPLE are getting the AUDIO_BUGS fixed :wink: but ya damn right, with a G5 DUAL my big smile would't dissapear :wink:

cheers
TOM

ps: i like pretty dry mixes,too!!
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

I like the Space Designer too, especially the fact that it is also a very creative tool in its own right.

Thomas, have you checked out the donate-ware "Ambience" plug in from Magnus?
http://www.smartelectronix.com/~magnus/

BTW I did a breakdown of my reference tracks (a top 25 of the greatest mixed/mastered tracks IMO), guess what ended number one? D.E.V.I.L., just couldn't put a finger on it, it's absolutely bloody perfect in every respect, still after these years in a fast changing business.
tom
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by tom »

BTW I did a breakdown of my reference tracks (a top 25 of the greatest mixed/mastered tracks IMO), guess what ended number one? D.E.V.I.L., just couldn't put a finger on it, it's absolutely bloody perfect in every respect, still after these years in a fast changing business.
:oops: uhh... THANK YOU !
by the way , "Ambience" is now on my HD and i'll try it today ...

all the best mate
Thomas
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

Cool, I haven't actually tried it myself, but will tomorrow in the studio (my home Mac couldn't run it).
Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity
Location: Lund, Sweden. Fav colour: White. Fav remix: PPOT Comic

Post by Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson »

Ambience.... sometimes I've used it as a replacement for Waves true-verb. I never got any control over the highest frequencies in the early reflections, so it was no good for vocals, imho.

But it's a GREAT reverb, great sound and all. A little bit difficult to control, but the sound is wonderful! Definitely worth a try, Tom!