RKO down?...

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

RKO down?...

Post by Razmo »

Hi all! :O)

Now I've been waiting for more time than my nerves can handle, and are beginning to wonder if it is just my browser that is screwing things up, or is RKO still down? ... Is the site also down for you guys? ... Where is the captain speaking? ;O)
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

Its been down for quite a bit now razmo, im sure JLT will get it sorted soon though - theres obviously a REAL problem somewhere, and not just a browser thing.
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

[wild conspiracy theorie mode]
  • The Music Industry Empire striking back at everything MP3 ? :shock:
[/wild conspiracy theorie mode]

Nah, I mailed Jan and it seems some server trouble (not on his side) and he is already investigating. Please don't bugger him like I did, he is deep into his exam-thingie. :wink:
All is lost.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Bugger him? :shock:

i think you mean "Bug him"?

or do you? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Well I'm sure he'll get pissed if you really "bugger" him yes! ;O)
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

well if he has it totally explains why RKO is down.
jans in trauma the poor guy!... someone buy him a beer!

:lol:

or some cream!.

or a comfy pillow!

oh i could go on all day!

but i wont.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: RKO down?...

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

razmo wrote:Now I've been waiting for more time than my nerves can handle, and are beginning to wonder if it is just my browser that is screwing things up, or is RKO still down?
(Disclaimer: Razmo, this isn't aimed at you in particular.)

Oh, give it a rest for <bleep>ks sake. I know I should be flattered that people like to grab the odd MP3, but everytime someone brings up their RKO 'addiction' I can't help wonder what will happen the day the site vanishes for good. Civil unrest? Riots in the streets? The authorities having to distribute emergency CDRs of older RKO material?

Put an album on the stereo if you've gone for too long without music.

Anyhoo, enough ranting - here's the official word(tm):

Yes, RKO and a lot of other quality services hosted by the stenstad.net guys has been offline since December 5th due to a knackered system disk. Baffle has been too swamped with work to fix it. But he asures me he'll get on to it eventually, sooner rather than later.

In the meantime, play a videogame, watch a movie, have a beer, or do whatever makes you happy. If it's downloading MP3s I kindly suggest that you reshuffle your priorities. :D
Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity
Location: Lund, Sweden. Fav colour: White. Fav remix: PPOT Comic

Re: RKO down?...

Post by Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:...do whatever makes you happy. If it's downloading MP3s I kindly suggest that you reshuffle your priorities. :D
Agree 100% with you, Jan! :D
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Hi Jan! :O)

Don't worry! .. I'll be hard to offend anyways! :O)
Though, I'd like to add that my problem is not with downloading, it's uploading that I'm waiting for. but I can wait... I can wait.... What the hell, my next week is booked up anyways... lot's of stuff happenin' (The Lords of the Rings 3 in particular!). I'll manage until RKO is up again. Just needed to make sure it was not just my browser. I would not find it funny to sit and wait for RKO to get up again if it's just my browser or something... (would be a rather looooooong wait).

And what does a remixer do while he wait's ... any guesses? ;O)
bastard
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

News or not?

Post by bastard »

Why is'nt stuff like this annonunced on the main newspage? I find it to be rather vital news. Even though Im able to survive - "playing a record on the stereo" or whatever... Only find it bothering to have to look up such info on the messageboard.

yours...
2000 A.D. State of the art software
Markus Schneider
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Markus Schneider »

Just wanna throw in that a huge amount of people submitted downloads on my c64music.de website since RKO is down! Which remembered me I have to deactivate that feature :roll:
Markus
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC

Re: News or not?

Post by dan gillgrass »

bastard wrote:Why is'nt stuff like this annonunced on the main newspage? I find it to be rather vital news. Even though Im able to survive - "playing a record on the stereo" or whatever... Only find it bothering to have to look up such info on the messageboard.

yours...
It was......

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
dan gillgrass

Post by dan gillgrass »

bastard wrote:Why is'nt stuff like this annonunced on the main newspage? I find it to be rather vital news. Even though Im able to survive - "playing a record on the stereo" or whatever... Only find it bothering to have to look up such info on the messageboard.

yours...
It was......

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

it wasn't when Bastard came here ;)
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

2nd edit, a bit later on: The text below was not written in a hissy fit of anger. "Amazement" is probably a better description of my reaction to people still thinking RKO is my first priority in life. Please read it in that light - <Perhaps-a-Doobie> Thank you </Perhaps-a-Doobie>.

I'll tell you - as soon as you tell me why I had to hand in a 100-page report and a linux-based distributed filing system with a working client, file- and directory-server a week after the site went offline? Or why I now have to cram 1100+ pages of network/computer architechture/operating system/distributed-network theory (hard work, but exiting) within the next two weeks? Or why Baffle (who admins the RKO server) is so swamped in work that he didn't even have time inform me, let alone get the server back online?

The answer of course, being that there's more to our lives than keeping a site on the air twentyfour-seven. Or keeping people informed for that matter.

(PS: I'm not looking for sympathy, so don't nobody offer it to me. :))
Last edited by Jan Lund Thomsen on 18/12/2003 - 22:59, edited 1 time in total.