Bitlive Edinburgh 2004!!!

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Bitlive Edinburgh 2004!!!

Post by Subzero »

Yes its true folks - I just got off the phone with sir christopher of the abbott and the next bitlive will be held in EDINBURGH!!!

(ok its not true but im really bored and dont you think its a good idea???) :P
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> (ok its not true but im really bored and dont you think its a
> good idea???)
:shock:
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

I'll take that :shock: as an INDEED IT IS SUBZERO OLD BEAN!!!! :wink:

I went thataway! :arrow:
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

My first reaction to the Chun-Li kicking chap, the guy that fights like a woman by choice (*Cough*) ?

HOLY SMEG - ANOTHER 8 HOURS DRIVING

LMAO !!!

BitLive Leeds THATS THE BIOTCH !! - FYI, the Cornmarket has a tripple level balcony system PERFECT for an event like BitLive - the central floor can be utilised as a central stage area - plus the acoustics of the building are AWESOME - Its easy to get to, Leeds has nightlife and theres an NCP carpark within a 2 minute walk :) - There are shops around the complex, but they'd be shut anyway.... or not depending on the traders for a private gig :)

Sex shops in there, DJ gear, Cyberdog (PERFECT), a comic shop, some bong shops and a cafe / bar !!
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Been round leeds a few times myself. It's not a bad night out, but i have to admit i'd rather stay in Donny for a night out. Leeds is still a bit behind the times i feel.

I still think chris's idea of Liverpool is a good choice.

A great night out is Pontefract, there's fuck all there mind you ;) but i remember going to a club there which i have to say blew me away with lazer shows of starwars etc. can't remember the clubs name, but i do remember the strip shows they had ;)
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

That would have been Simbas or Kiko's (which used to be called Liberty Park), im 3 miles off Ponte - so its my local haunt..... and theres TONES to do now the new Xscape has opened :) - Ponte boasts more pubs per square mile than you can shake a finger at - 2 GREAT Nightclubs - A REAL SNOW skislope, a 12 screen cinema, a futuristic shopping arcade (Freeport), the local park, a full industrial park with stuff like currys, dixons etc, theres the castle, a HUGE morrisons for grub, A Town Hall with great accoustics at a baffelingly cheap price ... several local comp shops, the museum is a farts walk away as is the library, the valley gardens and the hospital (ooh err)... Late night the town is PACKED with loose good lookin women, theres a million and 1 types of eaterie from pizza to asian to makkie D, theres loads of taxi firms and access to bus n railway is a doddle !! Leeds/Bradford airpoint aint too far away, manchester is an hour at best right up the M62 with no complex routes !! Ponte is almost EXACTLY on the main 3 roads of Britain too - M62, M1 and A1 - Easy access from everywhere, and a the opportunity to oggle some 14yr old birds whop their jigglers out at the regular sunday modded car rave :) - theres LOADS of cheap places to stay and car parking is as easy as 1-2-3. for those who can get into the Red lion hotel, you would litterally be 14 footsteps away from the Bitlive Venue HAHAHAH !!!!

Besides, Donny (appert from having the honour of owning THE DOME) is officially the Aids capital of the north now ;)

Liverpool has.. err.... scousers that tork a bit of OOrright init buv and some docks lol ......

Hey - if anyone 'ard enuff - ill bring my XBox and you can try to kick the smeg outa me on Soul Calibur 2 :D
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Indeed, always remeber having a good night out in pontie. You may have mentioned the name of the nightclub in question right there matrix, but i couldn't say for certain.

Yep, Donny is acknowledged for having a high level of aids. The reason why this is because people come from all over britain to taste its nightlife. Hence the chances of it spreading is pretty much higher than many parts of britian. I wouldn't say it's rife tho.

Pontie bosts more pubs per mile than you can shake a finger at??? haha! your havin a laugh arn't ya!?!?! It is a good night out yes, but i wouldn't say it was THAT wonderful.

Not when Doncaster centre has 63 pubs within 1 square mile. but yeah pontie isn't bad, certainly much much better than leeds.

But whatever you argue and whatever you say, There's few better nights out than donny and no-one will ever change my mind on that! Especially now we have the 20,000 plus new nightclub called Trillogy. I've travelled around britain quite a lot and have yet to whitness anything better or as cheap.

Credit to chris tho, Brighton did come close =)
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

LOL - now I have to persuade the family to take a holiday in Scotland?
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> now I have to persuade the family to take a holiday in Scotland?

No, still Liverpool :) (though I've got to talk to Fred Gray again, since he was scouting out venues)

Chris
tony.rc
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by tony.rc »

I knew after the big success of BIT Brighton. :P
Everyone soon would be wanting to know about the next BIT. I'm happy with any location thats choosen.

I'm more interested in when?
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Edinburgh would be highly convenient...

Post by madfiddler »

... as I'll be living in Dundee by the then... probably...
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

thats a coincidence.... i won't ;)
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Dundee !!! thats quite a move Mark ...
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

;) Well I think it would be great if BIT could follow me whereever I'm living at the time :wink:

Yeah Matrix, tell me about it :(

This year has been a dog for work. Not much freelance work out there. Offer I can't refuse etc, just gotta wait and see if the game gets signed off by the publishers first though..
Last edited by madfiddler on 13/12/2003 - 1:54, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Id follow - if only for that mad jig u do lol :lol: