Ben Daglish - Bombo Tune 1

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Blacker

Ben Daglish - Bombo Tune 1

Post by Blacker »

What do you think of Ben Daglish's Bombo tune 1?
I was very surprised when I first listened to the track while I was browsing Daglish's tracks in the HVSC because I like it very much and I haven't heard anything of it before and as far as I know there is no decent remix/remake of that tune out there.
I really like the melody and the sid sounds very good all by itself, perhaps that makes it difficult trying to get an even better sounding version by remaking it.
But I would definitely like to hear more of this great tune.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Hi!

I've been playin' around with it a little bit, and admittedly yes, it's a darn good tune. The problem with ben's tunes are mostly that they are very bouncy and jolly in nature, so you'd have to be pretty inventive with the style! :O) ... Might very well be the tune I'm continuing on after my Terra Cresta remix that I'm doin' right now.
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Ahem... there's a very good version by Reyn Ouwehand on "Nexus 6581 Volume 2" CD. The clip isn't downloadable any more until I've re-uploaded the files to more webspace, but you'll see what I mean if you hear it.

To buy the CD (which is amazing), go to http://www.c64audio.com/shop/

Chris
Blacker

Post by Blacker »

Thanks for the Information Chris, I will consider Reyn Ouwehand's version you mentioned and I am looking forward to listening to a clip of it.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

The clip is back up now :)

Chris
Felix.

Post by Felix. »

Finally someone mentioned this great SID. I also like it very much. I'm looking forward to hearing it from You guys! I'm sure there great arrangers who will be able to make a gorgeous remix of Bombo, like Bart Klepka did in Big Benn (megamix).
Ben Daglish The best SID creator
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> I'm looking forward to hearing it from You guys

You can listen to Reyn Ouwehand's version (a clip, anyway) at http://www.c64audio.com/theshop/c64cds.htm

Chris
Blacker

Post by Blacker »

Ok, after some long considerations I actually bought the CD with Reyn's version on it and I must say even after having listened to the clip lots of times the full version of the title exceeds my expectations. I can definitely recommend this remix.
But other remixes of this nice tune are still greatly appreciated :wink:
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

Hi,

just found this thread, I must say I feel completely the same about this original sid by Daglish - and I have to say that I'm already working on it.
If you know my style you know that it will be guitar-based :evil: . Guitars work well on this tune I have found out during the first "test-rehearsals" - almost seems like it was originally composed on guitar :)
:shock: Oh! Reyn Ouwehand found that out, too! Awesome version!
Well, mine will be different nevertheless!

Bye,
Eike