Back in Time Live 2007 - official thread

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Bottom logo, perhaps we can move "SID and the City" to below "Back in Time" (and maybe put "Live" on the end of that), and then put the 8-bit weapon logo into the right space?

Top logo: problem is Jeroen doesn't have a logo, and I can't afford SID80s :)

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
tomsk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by tomsk »

and I can't afford SID80s
What if we can afford them ?

How much would it take on to of the fairly cheap ticket price to bring them on board ??? An extra fiver each ??? I'd pay it

After all - it is remixers unite

Just thinking out loud...tell me to shut up if you want....

P.S. Don't tell me to shut up
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Unfortunately it's any number of factors:

1) Rehearsal times - extra cost, extra time, extra nights accommodation
2) Flights for some
3) Hotel rooms
4) Stage isn't big enough
5) Equipment and backline hire.

It all adds risk, and complexity which I can't endure again. And since the gig is nominally about chipmusic anyway, we might as well stay true to the original vision: especially if it proves BIT Live to be viable once again.

Although within that limitation, if madfiddler wants to get up on stage and fiddle with Seth, I'll take the photos :)

I mean, all remixers including SID80s are invited! Hell, I'd commit suicide if they weren't there :) But they'd be there to enjoy the company and event. Since there's actual publicity attached to this one, we don't know where this will go.

Chris
tomsk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by tomsk »

But they'd be there to enjoy the company and event.
Agreed - I was just being greedy and selfish

Any event is good - the more people, the more beer, the less pressure on those doing the hard work is better all round.
I often forget (in my head strong nature) that people have to put TOOO much effort (not to mention money) into these events and don't end up enjoying them as much as they should (looks at Chris)

Let's ALL chill and be merry with friends in 2007 Sid in the city :)
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

'SID and the City' kinda... well... it sux ! - how about "The SIDuction" (as suggested by Armand tonight) ;)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Matrix wrote:'SID and the City' kinda... well... it sux ! - how about "The SIDuction" (as suggested by Armand tonight) ;)
Look it's in the City of London: hence the play on words of City "City".

It's either that or my original idea: "Back in Time Live: Reloaded". Actually, that would be kind of cool since it would be "The 8 Bit Weapon".

OK, shall we go with that then? Can you use some of the aiming targets from 8-bit games?

Chris
Boz
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Boz »

"SID and the City" sounds good to me, actually. The other two choices you had, Chris, work just as well though. Sounds like a stonking idea to me though :D
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Chris Abbott wrote:
Matrix wrote:'SID and the City' kinda... well... it sux ! - how about "The SIDuction" (as suggested by Armand tonight) ;)
Look it's in the City of London: hence the play on words of City "City".

It's either that or my original idea: "Back in Time Live: Reloaded". Actually, that would be kind of cool since it would be "The 8 Bit Weapon".

OK, shall we go with that then? Can you use some of the aiming targets from 8-bit games?

Chris
For gods sake never play in a village!! :lol: "Siddage of the Damned" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The reloaded weapon idea works :)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Boz wrote:"SID and the City" sounds good to me, actually. The other two choices you had, Chris, work just as well though. Sounds like a stonking idea to me though :D
Well, if you're not going to come and do Perhaps-a-doobie.... *waves fist* why I oughtta....

Anyway, now it's come up, "SID and the city" doesn't suck, but I think "Reloaded" works better since (a) it gives us many more artwork ideas and (b) goes well with "8-bit weapon" being the headline act. Sounds punchier and more robust.

Quick word though: the whole name of the event is "Back in Time Live: Reloaded", with at least "Back in Time Live" in the same font. I just prefer it that way :)

Reloaded could be done maybe in that "Untouchables" style or something?

There are so many C64 games featuring weapons or targets perhaps there's some mileage there, though we shouldn't take that analogy too far :) Maybe some mileage in pastiching the Matrix:Reloaded poster in 8-bits? Just a thought...

Chris
Last edited by Chris Abbott on 27/09/2006 - 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
Boz
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Boz »

%You were there....%

;)
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Herers an idea, let get some tribute band tribute bands in (not as good as the real thing obviously)

SID 8's
Cheaper Roster
Machine' SortofOk
Press Pause on Tape
1 Bit Weapon
Axe Denied
Sinclair C5 Mafia

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

(sorry had to, in fits here, oh god my spleeeeeen !!!!)

Im all for upping the ticket price if it means we get more acts tho', nice one Tomsk. :wink:
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Matrix wrote:(sorry had to, in fits here, oh god my spleeeeeen !!!!)
Er...
Im all for upping the ticket price if it means we get more acts tho', nice one Tomsk. :wink:
Ain't gonna happen, partly because you'd have to put the price up by a tenner or more, and that would have an impact on attendance...

This BIT Live will work because it's cool, contained, simple, focused and clean. History has shown that if I let spec creep happen, I'll suffer for it...

However, I do like the idea of having "Press Pause on Tape": I'd love to get the PPOT guys to walk up on stage and all press a C2N in unison :) (and then walk off).

Also, 1 bit weapon would be Kenz going up on stage and there being a backing track of Jet Set Willy :)

And Cheaper Roster would be Ben, Mark, Andreas and Marcel in Wigs with Pex.

Chris
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

sweet!.. and this one i wont miss because i dont have stupid sodding women to give me shit woohoo!
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

The latest.. (looks a 'BIT packed imho)... hehe

I'm VERY unsure of the J.Tel logo and how it fits in... advice plz.
I think logos down the sides and info down the middle would look better than overlapping.
I think it was better with a plain black at the sides (maybe a star BG) as opposed to the grey 'trix' visuals dropping, really clutters it up.
Benn toon, looks good in closeup but obvously unconfirmed, use "slightly irate fiddler" too ? ;) or neither...
Unsure of the size and location of the date also.
Thought i'd make the addy into a sort of sine-scroller effect, looks good, but, position ?

Bear in mind this is all really rough atm... I have the reloaded from the 'trix movie poster but I was unsure of its font suitability in the overall scheme of things (1980's etc).

Thoughts ?

Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Chris Abbott wrote:And Cheaper Roster would be Ben, Mark, Andreas and Marcel in Wigs with Pex.
I'd pay to see that. ;)

Re: The mafia thing - I'll have to talk it over with the lads. I wouldn't mind doing something, as long as I don't have to do it alone, and as long as we have something new to bring. :)
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -