BIT - FUTURE PLANNING ideas

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Assuming it's in Denmark, that's a LOT of organisation... if the whole thing can be kept alive in 2005 by the Retro Expo and PPOT (and maybe SID80s), then 2006 would be the time.

June 2005 just feels too early. September feels a bit better, but it's just after people have spent their holiday money, and it's very difficult to organise stuff in July/August since communications break down.

Mark is certainly preferring the 2006 options: not defeatist, but realistic. However, a SID80s performance at Retro Expo is well on the cards, as long as costs don't escalate again. The main problem is that their venue hire doesn't include the use of the Ashcroft Theatre, so it would be a "on hacked up stage" thing, no stage management, etc. It's all those factors: the concert is an added extra attraction, so I guess funds are very limited indeed, otherwise the extra attraction steals funds from the main event (like the day event did at Brighton).

I've got an official post ready to go which you might have seen, but I wanted this discussion to finish first.

Chris
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Love the Avatar Ben ;)

Ming - No probs, one button and banner coming right up.
RetroMarkie
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by RetroMarkie »

2006 seems good to me too.

I can use RV5 and RV6 to assist in promotion of the next BIT, this along with a good imapct from my RGW site should see things heading in the correct direction.

One thing I will say is lets have it in the evening. The afternoon gig just felt a tad odd and a venue in order to dance / drink into the early hours would be great. as I have said to Chris before, I can get us a FREE venue. My mate runs a hotel and nightclub. I use it for RV events. It's about 20 miles from Bristol Airport in Frome, Somerset.
It's not London but it is FREE.
RetroMarkie
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by RetroMarkie »

I'm going to be there on Oct 1,2,3 ... come on down and check it out!

Also, Bristol airpport is a good link to europe...
RetroMarkie
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by RetroMarkie »

AND all my RV stock lives there so.... just a thought....

RV ALL WEEKEND

Daytime: RV
Nighttime: BIT

:-)
RetroMarkie
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by RetroMarkie »

AND when BIT finishes we just carry on playing games all night... and I mean all night too... we usually go to be around 5am.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Sounds good, ill try n get down there :)
RetroMarkie
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by RetroMarkie »

and in November we are having a LLamasoft mini RV... you are all welcome to come along.

In all honesty, this place is worth a look. Size is around the same as Gossips but has the added bonus of having a balcony. Lots of cheap hotels all within wandering distance too.

its a FREE VENUE! no charge!
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Bog »

It's a top site, actually, the Frome venue. Not far from Bristol, adequate train connections, smashing bar, good nosh available. The clubby-bit is a bit bigger than Gossips, IIRC, and have a half-a-top floor balcony thang.

Also, as the Minger said, it's free. The guy who owns the place is One Of Us, and I repeat owns the frelling hotel.

By Grabthar's hammer. What a savings. ;)

Also... even if it's just a small thing, just a few tracks from SID80s or Press Play on Tape wrapped up in a couple of days of gaming goodness, I think it might be Bad for the Scene to leave the field fallow for a whole year.... my 0.02. Invoice in the post.
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Or go look at http:/www.imaginetix.co.uk
RetroMarkie
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by RetroMarkie »

I can happily arrange for a few of us to spend the night there and have a look, it's a hotel too!
So, 5 or 6 of us... let me know some dates and we'll go look see.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

FYI, the Retro Expo next year provides next year's "thing" (as well as all the RVs). PPOT will be playing, and maybe that roster will grow a bit. I'll be there wiv my stall... and it's a jolly fun time. I went to the last one and it was great. Time to talk to people, and no worrying. Also, if even a portion of the BIT Live crowd commit to coming over, then maybe that bit of the show can be extended a little.

Chris
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Also, it's only fallow if nothing else happens: but if something has been announced, then it's merely anticipation. In addition, the DVD will fill a gap, and as I said, there's the expo.

Chris
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Bog »

maybe that roster will grow a bit.
Suuuuuuubtle!
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Or go look at http:/www.imaginetix.co.uk
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Chris Abbott wrote:However, a SID80s performance at Retro Expo is well on the cards, as long as costs don't escalate again.
HUH???
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Hehe.. just drawing logical conclusions from everyone's enthusiasm, and Ben mentioned it as a possibility in passing at some point. Forget I mentioned it :)

Chris