Aaaargh! ... How could they do that!?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Aaaargh! ... How could they do that!?

Post by Razmo »

Oh my god! ... That's like waving a beer at an alcoholic trying to stop drinking! ... I just saw the new Modular G2 from Clavia... I promissed myself to stop buying more gear, but this one is tempting! :O) ... Yes, unfortunately I suffer from gear-sickness, a "disease" that is quite hard getting out of. Have you guys seen this new beast from clavia? ... I wan't one! just that LAST device (like I said with all the others). Guess it's time to start saving up.
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

I had my eyes on this one for quite a while...

Post by beyond »

Where did you see it? Clavia claims to start shipping in January...

-Theo
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Hi!

I've not seen it physically, but they have some nice pictures and sound examples on their homepage.
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Marcel Donné
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Marcel Donné »

The worst thing is that the G2 was supposed to come out in November so I have put some cash aside and now they postpone it until January.....

In the meantime it turns out that my car won't pass the MOT so I need to replace it as repairs will be costing more than the car's worth..... Argh!! The wonderful dilemma's of a gearjunkie :cry:
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

I know the feeling - following the test that was BitLIVE Brighton, my car lasted approx 2 months then coughed an engine fit. I now need a noo car :( - got it patched up and gonna part-ex.

I was gonna attend The Bouff Party next week, no can do now - Kenz m8, gonna have to figure sumthin noo out ;)

PS: 2 new papers headding your way in the next week :) the rescue is almost complete lol - YES FOLKS - DONT TRUST FUJITSU HARD DRIVES !!!

Whirrr Whirrr... click! ... click! ... click! .... DOH!
o2
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by o2 »

I have been waiting to long for the G2 aswell..

BAH..
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Matrix wrote:PS: 2 new papers headding your way in the next week :) the rescue is almost complete lol - YES FOLKS - DONT TRUST FUJITSU HARD DRIVES !!!
Could have told you that from experience, I've had to replace so many of the little swines at work. Basically it's because of the glue they used with the components on the little board below the drive surface, it melts away and then proceeds to either get in the hard drive platters, or trash the firmware. And the Cirrus Logic chip on them isn't too good either...

Believe it or not, if they go and you can't see them in the BIOS (as does happen) there is a way to rescue it for a limited time only. Simply chuck it in your freezer for an hour and then as soon as you can hook it up and try and recover the data off it. It'll be seen by the BIOS during this time but you have to act fast. I did this at work and recovered a user's documents they so needed..... cyrogenic recovery eh?

Should be Fujitsu with a silent (sh) where the j is ;)
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------