Power Drift

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
JPH
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Power Drift

Post by JPH »

This got rejected from remix.kwed.org... being cover of a cover or something. Well I can't remember if I have ever heard another version than the sid... but I played this game alot with my C64. So the tune just popped to my mind in one day and I decided to remake this sid.
It took damn long to make this remake... so I would appreciate if somebody would listen it and give feedback
http://www.angelfire.com/band2/acheron/powerdrift.mp3
Sonic Wanderer
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sonic Wanderer »

The SID is a cover of the Sega Arcade original tune, that's why it gor rejected. Your remix is *really* good. =)
Do this to a real original SID, and you get the appreciation you deserv. =)

Tip: The STIL info of each SID contains details on origin of the tune, if not an original SID from the beginning.
-------------------------------------------------------
- People say I'm crazy. They're probably right. -
-- Sonic - A noise in the corner of your ear... --
-------------------------------------------------------
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Are you sure it wasn't because an upload guideline was disregarded? What did the rejection mail say?

- Markus
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

LMan / Remix64 wrote:Are you sure it wasn't because an upload guideline was disregarded? What did the rejection mail say?
"Cover of a cover."

I suggest sticking it on remix.overclocked.org instead.
JPH
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by JPH »

Well i thought since there are so many remixes from Outrun Macigal Sound Shower, that you can make remix from other SIDs that are originally from arcade games... guess not
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

JPH wrote:Well i thought since there are so many remixes from Outrun Macigal Sound Shower, that you can make remix from other SIDs that are originally from arcade games... guess not
Of course you can remix Power Drift. Or any other SID you damn well like. Or any tune you want to remix. But at the same time you must realise that I'm just as free to decide what files to host on my site.

The 'problem' is that some people see RKO as a site 'belonging' to the C64 remix community (and by that logic these people want everything that gets submitted to be published), rather than see it for what it is - a collection of remixes compiled by me, put online on my site. If RKO should ever be transformed into a community-maintained site then that policy might change - but as long as I can't even get people to write the capsules reviews I really don't see that happening.

Besides, it's not as if it's the only place to get a tune published.

And yes, I know the Outrun tunes currently online are a grey area.
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

Well, Jan, if you want an occasional writer, then I can help out. The reason I didn't respond to your previous advert was that I simply don't have time to download every single RKO tune. However, I do download quite a few of them, and can write succinct, relevant (and even pithy) comments.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

CraigG wrote:Well, Jan, if you want an occasional writer, then I can help out.[...]
Goodie. E-mail me and we'll sort something out.
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Jan, apologies for not replying myself. Expect to see my "application" this week...
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
hoomish
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by hoomish »

Personally I think you've done a great job, it's a very accomplished sounding remix. However, it does sound almost identical to Sega's own S.S.T. remix from a few years back! :wink:

Btw, I really like your Wings of Glory mix :)