Bitlive Reunion.

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> A lot closer for those of us Oop North
Well, the clincher was that Easyjet fly into Liverpool, so hopefully
it won't present a problem for the guys from Europe :)

And of course Liverpool has software house connections
(though not these days) and the second most famous river in the UK :)

Mind you, I'll need a lot of help with people in the area recruiting people to come and helping find accommodation 'n stuff.

Chris
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

I know exactly what ya mean there... Living in donny which is on the main line, it even ment 3 changes for me. Fortunately we went by car which saved all that messing around.

I personally like the idea of a central Britain idea, and not just because i live there, but because it's easier for most of us English folk to attend. It also means that southerners have an equal distance to travel as do the scots.

I went half way up in scotland last year and that took 6 hours by train. Add that to the distance of travelling to brighton and your probably looking at 15 hours journey.

There's lot of possitives and few negatives about having a central place (i think it'd put for bums on seats anyhows). Only problem and i have to feel for chris here is that organising something like this which is a distance from where chris is located is a ball-ache. Although we all have our preferences we do have to remember he is the organiser and to be fair it has to be convienent for him.

Obviously i'd prefer it to be on the cental line somewhere as it's easiest for everyone involved, but to be honest the only place i can think of on the Central line is Sheffield and believe me thats not a good night out.

Best places i can think of which always involes its own problems ofcourse is:

Liverpool, Blackpool, Manchester, Leeds, Doncaster (ofcourse i'd mention that ;)) i'm sure there's a few others.

places to avoid: Sheffield, Chesterfield, Rotherham, york, etc etc..

interesting thought..... if you travel to Nottingham then women outweigh men by 10-1. (thats the rumor anyhows) ;)

I'm blathering now arn't i. so i'll shurrup ;)