Crystal Rain wip

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Crystal Rain wip

Post by Mordi »

One of Jogeir's tracks. I don't think he composed it, yet I don't know who did.
http://mordi.ziphoid.com/data/music/wor ... %20wip.mp3

I'm thinking it's too much atmosphere, too little music. It lingers a bit too much.
Check out my website.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Crystal Rain wip

Post by Infamous »

MY dear man brian eno has made a living out of music just like this :-)
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Love it!!!!

The vibe of the track reminds me of the Dead Cities Album by FSOL (Future Sound of London)
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

Infamous wrote:MY dear man brian eno has made a living out of music just like this :-)
Got a link to any of his tunes?
Check out my website.
buzzard
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by buzzard »

Mordi wrote:I'm thinking it's too much atmosphere, too little music. It lingers a bit too much.
You're right about it being atmospheric - I'd expect this to acccompany a scene in a film where the husband comes home and finds his wife slaughtered - you see him pick her up and scream in anguish "WHY" but the sound is removed and only the music can be heard. :cry:
God I'm depressing!

Great piece of music.
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

That's a beautiful tune Mordi, you must finish it. :) Even if it does cause wives to be slaughtered and upset Buzzard. ;)

There are quite a few Brian Eno tunes on YouTube, try the links below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJBxva-NyiI&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erOVB0bZ ... re=related
buzzard
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by buzzard »

Dumper wrote:That's a beautiful tune Mordi, you must finish it. :) Even if it does cause wives to be slaughtered and upset Buzzard. ;)
It's ok - the Vallium is working just great :D
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

The scene need MUCH MORE remixes in this genre! ... PERIOD!

Unzy tunes are fine, but there comes a time, when we've heard it all to be honest, and this is refreshing music Mordi... More of this and maybe Ziphoid will have enough to ressurect the Cozy Corner :nod:

I'll second the others; finish it... not every piece of music needs to be catchy tunes and melodies to be good... just search YouTube for "Redshift" and listen for a few minutes what music without drums can do to your mood :worship:

Watch here and enjoy the full power of a Moog Modular, and real live synthesizer music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbVwhMZWI0U
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

Razmo wrote:The scene need MUCH MORE remixes in this genre! ... PERIOD!

Unzy tunes are fine, but there comes a time, when we've heard it all to be honest, and this is refreshing music Mordi... More of this and maybe Ziphoid will have enough to ressurect the Cozy Corner :nod:
Could not agree more, Razmo.

You know, Cozy Corner with Ziphoid still lives. Around here somewhere.
Check out my website.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

Indeed it does.. its over at scenesat now instead, plenty of laid back music to be found in the demo scene.

I really wish I could do something ambient but I always feel it meandres on just a bit too much, maybe its just me being over critical of myself. Definitely does take a level of skill to keep something without percussion interesting though and you've managed that very well mordi is there anything you CAN'T do? lol
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Infamous wrote:Indeed it does.. its over at scenesat now instead, plenty of laid back music to be found in the demo scene.

I really wish I could do something ambient but I always feel it meandres on just a bit too much, maybe its just me being over critical of myself. Definitely does take a level of skill to keep something without percussion interesting though and you've managed that very well mordi is there anything you CAN'T do? lol
He he... I understand fully what you're saying here Infy... I have the same problem when trying to do something cozy... it allways end up with some kind of rhythmic part. I'm learning to "behave" though... usualy it's a good idear to restrain yourself when making music, to avoid putting too much stuff in a composition.

What I do is simply find an instrument that takes the frequency spectrum that the drums usually had... kicks getting replaced with boomy arpeggiated Tangerine Dream like textures... these are perfect since the kick will no longer suck out all the bottom end of the score... the highs has to be replaced with fine bellish twinkles and stuff... sound FX instead of hihats and crash cymbals.

The problem is that without rhythm parts, the arrangement needs to be dynamic and shifting to get a feeling of things not being the same forever... but it's an art in itself, and much more challenging than Unzy tunes in my opinion.
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Had a listen and likes it! :D
All is lost.
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

How is this tune coming along Mordi? I would love to hear the finished version.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Razmo wrote:The scene need MUCH MORE remixes in this genre! ... PERIOD!

I'll second the others; finish it... not every piece of music needs to be catchy tunes and melodies to be good... just search YouTube for "Redshift" and listen for a few minutes what music without drums can do to your mood :worship:

Watch here and enjoy the full power of a Moog Modular, and real live synthesizer music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbVwhMZWI0U
Did you ever hear my Crystal Dreamscapes album?

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

Dumper wrote:How is this tune coming along Mordi? I would love to hear the finished version.
I'll upload a more developed version in a sec. Not finished yet, though.
Check out my website.