I heard a rumour....... about some people @ Bitlive Brighton

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
StudioX64
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

I heard a rumour....... about some people @ Bitlive Brighton

Post by StudioX64 »

Did Russ Michaels make an appearence or did I just imagine it? - Also I heard the Rowlands turned up completely by fluke at the Prodical pub, did anyone talk to them?

PK [StudioX64].
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

Russ Michaels was definitely there... though no one seems to have snapped him anywhere yet!

I was told the Rowlands were at the Prodigal by two different people, but sadly missed them due to arriving late from the rehearsal...
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

Mayhem wrote:Russ Michaels was definitely there... though no one seems to have snapped him anywhere yet!

I was told the Rowlands were at the Prodigal by two different people, but sadly missed them due to arriving late from the rehearsal...
Saw Kenz chatting to the Rowland bros for a while. Heard they were there for something unrelated to the retro event. Maybe Kenz can tell us a bit more?

Paul
StudioX64
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Russ.

Post by StudioX64 »

I didn't snap Russ as he looked like the sort who would kill a man for less :) if it was Russ. If he was the biker dude. If he was it's possible he sat behind me all night at the concert :)

PK [StudioX64].
Lee's PeeknPoke
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: I heard a rumour....... about some people @ Bitlive Brig

Post by Lee's PeeknPoke »

StudioX64 wrote:Did Russ Michaels make an appearence or did I just imagine it? - Also I heard the Rowlands turned up completely by fluke at the Prodical pub, did anyone talk to them?

PK [StudioX64].
One the the Rowland bros. turned up that I saw (although I dont know which one) I was sat talking to Gary Liddon when he came up,chatted and left the pub and Gary said to me "he's a great guy him, Remember Creatures?"
"Yeah" I said
"well, thats the guy who made it"
and that was that. :lol:
Funny as he doesnt look like his old Zzap! diary of a game pics from years ago.....but then again who does?

Lee
Visit Lee at PeeknPoke
-play old games, cry into your beer-
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Re: Russ.

Post by dan gillgrass »

StudioX64 wrote:I didn't snap Russ as he looked like the sort who would kill a man for less :) if it was Russ. If he was the biker dude. If he was it's possible he sat behind me all night at the concert :)

PK [StudioX64].
mmm...I think I may have a picture of Russ staring at us crazily from the background

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
fgasking
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by fgasking »

I think the German guy who did the projector display (Who has his own company for doing so?), has a picture of Russ playing Hyper Sports....

Also.. Kenz told me that he spoke to the Rowlands on Friday I think... but AFAIK they couldn't make it when he asked them to come along... But someone say one of them turned up??? :)
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

If either of them did, I never spotted them and I was actively looking some of the time...
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

It was a bizarre fluke that the Rowlands happened to be in our designated pub. We just got there after the Friday rehearsals (which I camcorded baii the weeey - selected clips coming soon!) and I just heard this loud "KENZ!" shouted across the pub. It was Steve Rowlands (who still looked EXACTLY like his pics in the olde C64 mags). John was there too looking totally different (long hair!) They were in brighton (along with the guy who wrote Retrograde on the C64) for a business meeting. Sadly they had to head back the next day so they couldn't attent BitLive. :(
gazl
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by gazl »

Kenz wrote:It was a bizarre fluke that the Rowlands happened to be in our designated pub. We just got there after the Friday rehearsals (which I camcorded baii the weeey - selected clips coming soon!) and I just heard this loud "KENZ!" shouted across the pub. It was Steve Rowlands (who still looked EXACTLY like his pics in the olde C64 mags). John was there too looking totally different (long hair!) They were in brighton (along with the guy who wrote Retrograde on the C64) for a business meeting. Sadly they had to head back the next day so they couldn't attent BitLive. :(
It wasn't that bizzare a fluke, I brought em along :)
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

All the more annoying as they are one of the few C64 people left I'd love to meet, and I was late to the pub due to tidying/helping up at the Studio and checking into my hotel :(

Maybe next time...
Lee's PeeknPoke
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Lee's PeeknPoke »

Kenz wrote: John was there too looking totally different (long hair!)
That the one I spotted then! :lol:

Lee
Visit Lee at PeeknPoke
-play old games, cry into your beer-
Steve Rowlands

Post by Steve Rowlands »

and I just heard this loud "KENZ!" shouted across the pub.
Yeah, sorry about the shouting Kenz. I was a little drunk :oops: We had been drinking all afternoon *hic!*

It was good to chat though. Sounds like a good time was had by all, shame we didn't get to the event :( but you know how it is, previous engagements and all that.
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

Hehe, no worries - It was cool to see you guys again. 8)

It's a pity I couldn't have made your Mayhem video with the editing gear I have access to now - it would seriously kick arse!

Keep in touch! - And if I can help out with any future stuff then drop me a line at kenz@bouff.tv ...

Steve Rowlands

Post by Steve Rowlands »

I didn't know you were a professional artist. :wink: