Welcome to the world Remix64 vol 3 CD!

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Re: Welcome to the world Remix64 vol 3 CD!

Post by LMan »

:)

If you like the tracks, please feel free to vote / shout / review the tracks here:
http://www.remix64.com/album_R64SE.html

(click the smiley or the Image symbol in the rating column to vote on a track)
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

Bought and DL'ed... Listening to it right now. Fantastic theme idea, love it!

-T
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

Looks (and sounds) byooootiful! Well done to everyone involved. :worship:
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

Highly impressive... will order in due course! :cheers:
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Misser
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Misser »

I've heard about half of the tunes as wip's so must have the cd. But frell. Can't find my renewed CC Chris, the number is the same only valid untill date (which is not hard to remember since it's +2 years) changed and the verify code I must look for it, it's collecting dust since December, can't use PayPal atm also because of the new CC.

*edit*
Ah found it, hidden in the pile of post which I do tend to collect over time. Must try to clear that once a week in the future. Since only now I could be arsed to have a look at it (new C64 cd’s do motivate me)

Found it, activated it going to order the cd now.

*edit*
Hmmm must be blind, can't find the download track section anymore, which reminds me chris I do have to send you a mail with al the c64 cd's I got last time I checked only half where there. I've got all c64 related cd's(some like nexus tripple and some double) besides Mechanical Dreams, must look into that one also. Doing some more searching, must miss the obvious again, wasn't the download section under your account before the whole change thingy ? :)
Old programmers never die, they just get lazy and distracted.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Happy Listener wrote: Woooo. I was idly listening but not paying too much attention due to fiddling with my new phone... and then Crazy Comets exploded in my ears. That's one fantastic track. My compliments to Mattias.
Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Misser wrote:I've heard about half of the tunes as wip's so must have the cd. But frell. Can't find my renewed CC Chris, the number is the same only valid untill date (which is not hard to remember since it's +2 years) changed and the verify code I must look for it, it's collecting dust since December, can't use PayPal atm also because of the new CC.

*edit*
Ah found it, hidden in the pile of post which I do tend to collect over time. Must try to clear that once a week in the future. Since only now I could be arsed to have a look at it (new C64 cd’s do motivate me)

Found it, activated it going to order the cd now.

*edit*
Hmmm must be blind, can't find the download track section anymore, which reminds me chris I do have to send you a mail with al the c64 cd's I got last time I checked only half where there. I've got all c64 related cd's(some like nexus tripple and some double) besides Mechanical Dreams, must look into that one also. Doing some more searching, must miss the obvious again, wasn't the download section under your account before the whole change thingy ? :)
Check again... for some reason only regular posters to this forum seem to have trouble :)

[edit: it's my system: for some reason certain people miss out on the delivery of digital files, and I don't know why].
I'm keeping an extra check on it.

Chris
Misser
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Misser »

Owhhh besides the 3 bit 2007 tabs I got the syntax era entries also. Good job Chris, will contact you about the other stuff besides (Mechanical Dreams) which I either bought during a bit event or online but for now i'm happy to download the latest album.

Ps. only regular posters? Yikes <200 post in 5 years is regular, trying to hide now... ahhh pixeled 160x256 boobs thats a good place to get lost :)

Seriously, thanks for the quick action, the rest will work out somehow.
Old programmers never die, they just get lazy and distracted.
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

Out of curiousity, which of the following applies to the last track? 8)

1) Composed afresh on a real SID
2) Composed with something akin to Goatracker
3) A proper synth that made SID sounding noises

I especially the like the segues between the MotR theme and the actual tune in SID, you have to be listening carefully to realise heh...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

Mayhem wrote:Out of curiousity, which of the following applies to the last track? 8)

1) Composed afresh on a real SID
2) Composed with something akin to Goatracker
3) A proper synth that made SID sounding noises

I especially the like the segues between the MotR theme and the actual tune in SID, you have to be listening carefully to realise heh...
It's actually the Refx Quadrasid VST in Fruity Loops. My plan was to do it on a real C64 but there was a Prophet 64 shortage at the time (as there is currently), so it ended up staying on Quadrasid.

It's still only 3 dry channels though, so *technically* it could/can/may still be be replicated on a real C64 (apart from Elisa's vocals, of course)!
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

nice to see that coop between romeo knight and me made it on it!!! i'm surprised, eike didn't told me that..;-)
Nice artwork Markus, i like it....

btw. where is my copy?

:cheers:
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

Wow! Wow! Wow!

This stuff is freakin' awesome...hurray for the arrangers! :mrgreen:
Dr.Future - and music will never be the same!
Andreas Wallström
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Andreas Wallström »

To everyone involved: You are all my idols. Great idea, and from the very small clips I've chosen to listen to, extremely well executed. This is a CD I've been waiting for since, well, it must have been since the birth of baby Jesus. But Chris & LMan, where is the promo material?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

It's still kind of a preorder deal, Andreas. The booklet is still getting prepared, 'n stuff.

What kind of things did you have in mind?

Chris
weblaus
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by weblaus »

Heh, now this is a pleasant surprise... I haven checked out Remix64 and C64audio for quite a long time (too busy/forgot about it/shame/don't know why) and for some reason just did today, to see Vol. 3 listed - I had no idea about that at all and that it's actually the first day it's available.

Anyway, had to buy it, of course, and I'm listening in right now... I'm only up to track 3 so far, but I feel confident to say it's by far the best Remix 64 album so far and mops the floor especially with Volume 2 (which never really felt right to me, much too serious as it was).

The 80s motif is of course genius, and the track selection is quite nice, I especially appreciate that most songs are indeed well-known.

Great stuff.