My older remixes

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
mixer
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

My older remixes

Post by mixer »

Hi,

I just found an old 77 minutes long mix of some c-64 remixes I've done over the years. It's compiled originally for Slay Radio some 4-5 years back, but I think that it never got out.

It is around 94 mb .ogg file and available for download at

http://mixer.pp.fi/mekamiks.ogg

The file will not stay there indefinitely and therefore I would appreciate if someone has a corner of a server to spare as a more permanent resting place for those bytes.

None of the individual versions are at RKO and probably will never be - for many excuses.

See the file ID tag for content or just listen and try to recognize the original tunes.

Br,

Mixer
Dafunk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dafunk »

yaay! thank you mixer. haven't listened the whole mix yet but so far i really dig this :)

mirror:

http://dafunk.indus3.org/temp/mekamiks.Tar.gz
mixer
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by mixer »

Thank you Dafunk for the mirror :)

btw. http://mixer.pp.fi/ has some of my original stuff as well from over the years, earliest are from the last century, around 1990's.

Typically those pieces have taken an hour or two of time and not much emphasis on sounds or mixing. I've mostly just put some idea down in the process of testing new vsti's or whatever equipment I had at that time.

If I ever get back to those compositions I'd very likely change many things, but I just do not have much motivation to do so. They are what they are now.

Perhaps some tune is for occasional listeners liking.
m101

Re: My older remixes

Post by m101 »

very nice releases , my favorites are "bluesong" and "Walze". Also the recent one "anothernemesis" is gorgeus; don't know why it reminds me of Gothic. (at the begining of the song you hear a sound like a scratch, fixable i guess)

keep 'em comming :thumbsup:
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I love Viiteen!!!! it has a Lo-Fi Quality to it that I like.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

Aye, I'm enjoying listening to this, cheers for sharing.
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

Analog-X wrote:I love Viiteen!!!! it has a Lo-Fi Quality to it that I like.
Loving that too!
Love the odd beat :)
Dees Productions
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Dees Productions »

Just awesome work, as always :D
Okay let's push off the feedback now!
The opening is nice, very chill progressive start, then it blows up with that massive drumbeat, making it sounds like somekind of "lordi" sound :) Hah sorry, just had to. Okay, nice hard rock remake of DMC Theme 4, nice how you kept those small "sid fill-ins".
"Cybernoid", has always been one of my all time favorites and you managed to capture the lead, melody very fine, even the slides are well remade. Very fine work!!
"Sweet", wish it had been longer, like the dance feeling.
Jeff when he's at his best! Both "Cyberworld", "Hard Track" and "Analogue", are really advanced songs and I have to say... you made a good job here. Like the "feeling", you nuzzled from the original songs. Maybe I missed the "hardness" in Hard Track, though but that scary "ghost -thermal"-sound really gave it a strange emotion. Sweet work on "Analogue", really cool filter and sound work there! Like that hollow bass and the squeeking bassline. :D
"Meanwhile The Planet - TBB", really pointed out and made me go like, "Wow!", nice how you tweaked in those formant voices... reminded me a bit of "Röyksop VS Daft Punk" :D
"Sys 4096 - AMJ", sweet work! Again you managed to catch the spirit, knock it down, beat it up, mix it into a thick rich paint, sweep the brush over the painting to just make an amazingly ribbon of textures!.
When I first heard this remix of "Orivesi -TBB", I thought, "Wow, this has to be some kind if Virgill remix!", hah but you have a lot of strings, just a very nice sparkling water remake! Really well done, I love that dirty "Funk" sound.

Did I mention ghosts earlier on? Okay now we're in the horror for sure when it comes to "W.A.R. - RH". Really nice. I can almost see the skeletons playing on that organ made of bones! :) Crazy but ack so cool!
"Skate or Die", got this very nice 80-ish feeling. It really sounded like some Miami Vice theme :) Crazy arp. twisting my brain inside out in a good plastic way.
"Lightforce - RH", nice work with strings mixed with world music. Really creative, for sure a remake which is pointing out from all the "synthetic" remixes that's been done. Yes, that choir moving in along with the hits, gives it a nice "rainman" feeling. Excellent! From electro to era, seems to be possible after all.

Keep up the good work!
Xiny6581 /Dees Productions
m101

Post by m101 »

interesting mix this GBWAR tune, part horror part war.
The beggining , the middle and the end of the song induces 3 moods; it is like a story, a sad story. I like it
mixer
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by mixer »

m101,

I removed that GBWAR preview from the site as it was just a preview.

Hopefully, eventually there will be a complete version of that "soundtrack" :)

Cheers,

Mixer
m101

Post by m101 »

Oh.... I'll be waiting then, lurking the site.
:)
m101

Post by m101 »

Thank you for the two new remixes. Absolutely Beautiful; Its hard to pick a favourite. Keep them coming, i like your work.

*edit
I see new tunes, yummy :) . I like both "4096(runtaten).ogg"

and "diskoman.ogg" (from previous update, special funk sound). Also

the previews are promissing, i personaly like more the "planeetta(preview).ogg".