A few new remixes

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
sighphur

A few new remixes

Post by sighphur »

Hello all,

I've uploaded a few remixes to this address...

http://www.sighphur.com/Lee/music.html

Cheers,

Lee
Maindrian
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Maindrian »

I think light and breezy are the best words to describe them. They're relaxing. I like the Forbidden Forest remix especially. But marks for originality on the Commando remix too. Possibly the oddest version of that tune yet, I love it! The only one I didnt really dig was Ark Pandora, and even then, it sounded good, so no real complaint.

As for the technichal aspect, I like how raw and human they all sound. I think organic is the word I'm looking for. They put me in mind of some quiet gig in an acoustic bar. Neat. :)
Great, another set of strings ruined...
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

As Maindrian said, the Ark Pandora mix doesn't work as well as the others - COMMANDO is excellent, particularly the "siren" sequence (reminds me of Press Play on Tape's Wizardry cover) and FORBIDDEN FOREST is very mellow.

How did you do the remixes, just out of interest? Real guitar-playing?
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
sighphur

Thanks

Post by sighphur »

Thanks for the comments folks, it's nice to know people take time to listen to stuff you work on. The Ark Pandora song was done about 5 years ago, needs more work. I might get around to it someday...

The others were recorded into my computer (via a Tascam US-428) using an Ibanez nylon string semi-acoustic guitar.

Cheers,

Lee
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Wow, that's some skillful playing. It opens up a whole new angle on remixing (although there are other guitar mixes already on RKO).

I look forward to hearing more!
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live