SLAY Radio Gathering @ Gothenburg

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

SLAY Radio Gathering @ Gothenburg

Post by Slaygon »

<center>SLAY Radio Gathering</center>

After the success of the first SLAY Radio Gathering, we're doing it again! Saturday 5th August is the date, and you're all invited! Join the SLAY Radio staff around Slay HQ, for a barbecue at Keillers Park in the daytime, and an evening of chatting, drinking and pool playing at nearby Kville Biljard, where there's a room booked just for the Gathering!

There's also an "unofficially official" get-together planned on the night before (Friday 4th) for those who can make it a day earlier.

In order for us to get a good guesstimate of numbers, please let us know if you intend to come along by giving your "vote" at the SLAY Radio Gathering page.

We hope to see you there!
(or here, or ... erm... wherever)

Here's some useful information for those of you intending to go to the SLAY Radio Gathering held on Saturday August 5th 2006 (with unofficially official pre-Gathering drinkies on Friday 4th!). As ever, if you have any further queries or comments, please do not hesitate to e-mail us at - gathering [AT] slayradio.org!

More precise information will be given once we have an indication of how many people are coming, and which transport they will be using.

ACCOMODATION:

If you need somewhere to stay, here's our recommendations:

- Kville Hotel, which is at Kvilletorget, 50 meters away from the Biljard and 200 meters away from Keillers Park, and also the cheapest option. Talk amongst yourselves and try to share rooms for even cheaper options!

GETTING THERE:

Gothenburg has two airports; Gothenburg City Airport (at Säve) is the nearest and is host to Ryanair, the cheap airline, so that is your best option if you can use it. Bus and rail are, of course, also good options if you live in mainland Europe. Here are some useful links and options for you:

- Ryanair
Ryanair service London Stansted, Glasgow, Dublin and Frankfurt airports from their City Airport in Säve, just outside Gothenburg. There are regular buses from the airport to Gothenburg's Central Station (from which there is a 10 minute tram ride to Kville); or there is a fixed-price for taxi journeys from the airport to Kvilletorget (300 SEK; 32 EUR).

- SAS
SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) have regular flights to Landvetter, Gotheburg's International Airport. SAS are, obvioulsly, more expensive than RyanAir but you will get more options. Like City Airport, there are regular buses from Landvetter to Central Station, and a fixed-price taxi ride to Kvilletorget.

- www.sj.se (in English) SJ run the trains into Gothenburg Central Station, and is an alternative option for those of you in Sweden, Denmark or other serviced areas.

- SweBus Express
SweBus Express also run a number of buses in Sweden, Denmark and Norway (with links to Germany from Copenhagen), into Gotheburg's Nils Ericsson terminal (just next to the Central Station).

GETTING FROM CENTRAL STATION (NILS ERICSSON TERMINAL) TO KVILLE:

There is a tram service just across the road from the front of centralstationen called "Nordstaden". Just get on the Route 6 tram (heading towards Länsmangården) and travel three stops (the first taking you over the bridge) to Vågmästareplatsen. You will see the "KVILLETORGET" sign from the tram stop.

RELATED LINKS:

Keillers Park
Kville biljard
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

I've voted, turning up with Wenchie and Niknstien on Friday 4th. :D

I hope these Swedes know what's going to hit them! :wink:
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

I'll be pestering Gothenburg that whole week so you won't stand a chance to hold me back from coming to this little event... ...just so you know... ;)

/ Ziph
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Chappers wrote:I've voted, turning up with Wenchie and Niknstien on Friday 4th.
Where are you all flying from? Just that in case you haven't booked your plane tickets yet, you might want to check out here:

http://www.cityairline.com/

Direct flights to Gothenburg from:

Manchester
Birmingham
Luleå
Helsinki
Lyon
Zurich

Last time I looked it was £203 for direct flights from Manchester with them Friday to Sunday.

Alternatively, SAS do flights from Manchester to Gothenburg but you'd have to change at Oslo on the way there - the likes of travelocity and lastminute have it for around £140.

Just in case you want to avoid Stansted!
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

Waz wrote:
Chappers wrote:I've voted, turning up with Wenchie and Niknstien on Friday 4th.
Where are you all flying from? Just that in case you haven't booked your plane tickets yet, you might want to check out here:

http://www.cityairline.com/

Direct flights to Gothenburg from:

Manchester
Birmingham
Luleå
Helsinki
Lyon
Zurich

Last time I looked it was £203 for direct flights from Manchester with them Friday to Sunday.

Alternatively, SAS do flights from Manchester to Gothenburg but you'd have to change at Oslo on the way there - the likes of travelocity and lastminute have it for around £140.

Just in case you want to avoid Stansted!
Thanks for the info, Waz. We have finally got sorted last night for the booking of tickets.

A conflab with Skitz last night means we're inflicting our "humour" on him for the same flight from Stansted on Friday morning, best pack all of our "special" medication so we don't scare him mid-flight ;)
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'
mairsil

Post by mairsil »

Well, I'm almost certain I can come to Gothenburg, however I'll have to take a train that will be there around 7pm on the friday...
We'll see how I'll manage to get somewhere to sleep the two nights I'm down there, my budget isn't very large unfortunately :?
winny

Post by winny »

I will do my best to show up and if I do, I could accommodate one or two... I live about 400 meters from Kville Biljard and 600 from Keillers Park so it's pretty close. As my apartment is 31 m^2 and full of, well, junk, don't expect it to be roomy but I have had three of my friends there over a weekend without too much problems.

So, if you are a nice person with common sense and need accommodation, drop me a PM!
Last edited by winny on 10/07/2006 - 16:00, edited 1 time in total.
o2
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by o2 »

Ill be there from Friday :)
All ET's arent nice!!
mairsil

Post by mairsil »

Due to me being a nice person, and Winny being an even nicer one, I am now certain
I'll come to the gathering. The tickets are on their way and I will be on my way arriving
around 19:30 on the friday, hopefully in time for the pre-gathering-meeting.

I'll see you there
/Mairsil
Dimmignatt
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Dimmignatt »

I will so be there :lol:

Bringing along Nina and Floaf and perhaps Duero :D
"Gentlemen! Let's broaden our minds. Lawrence? "
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

I might be able to make it on Saturday, i'll see later this month, it's all about and allways about the money :)
Will be fun :D
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID