Editorial 2006/02 Discussion Thread

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Editorial 2006/02 Discussion Thread

Post by LMan »

I'm re-introducing the editorial discussion thread (we had this as the mothly "Hot Topic" in R64's early days.)

<a href="http://www.remix64.com/editorial.html">The Editorial</a>

Commence. :)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I hate it. :confusion: :eekout: :)
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

it hates you too chris.... :wink: :eekout:
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Very good and wise editorial, Chris.
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

"Spank your inner muppet"?

How strange.
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

As a non-native speaking person - shouldn't it be called
"Spank your inner monkey"?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Romeo Knight wrote:As a non-native speaking person - shouldn't it be called
Nope. I think you'd call my train of thought "Fozzie Logic" :)

Although some people would rather I be Kermitted like the Animal I am.
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

good stuff, thx chris... :wink:

cheers ifadeo
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Bog »

Yep, cracking stuff - very much what I thought as I clicked over into the Big Three Oh.

Now, a couple of years on, I realise that when you can see clearly, it's time to stay blind drunk 24/7 ;)

It's odd - I'm really having to readjust myself to the fact that we live in a mainly nonrational society. Turns out only 40-something percent of Brits beleive in evolution, for example. I'd've expected it of the Midwestern Bible Belt in the US, but not Blighty. Our so-called leaders keep proving themselves to be the lying incompetents that I always suspected, and thanks to the Information Age, the proof is there for all to find. And yet - they stay in office! Wuh?

Businesswise, sensible words - but always remember when using them that most people are delusional, and will talk themselves out of thinking of themself as using other people. They'll tell you it's a privilege to work on such projects, that it's a good step blahdiblah, but only rarely will you find a clearthinker who's actually admitting to themselves "this guy can turn me a profit, I wonder how little he'll settle for?" and actually acknowledge their own inner and outer truths.

Fun stuff, fun stuff. It's 21:42 and I'm sober, I'm obviously slacking.

;)
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Or go look at http:/www.imaginetix.co.uk
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

Are you looking at my monkey?

http://joecartoon.atomfilms.com/pages/monkeylooker/
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

In a way, most people are like the Cipher guy from Matrix: they know it's all a lie but they prefer it that way. And they even do anything to prevent others from spreading the truth. Because the truth is so uncomfortable, and as he said in that movie: "Ignorance is bliss." One of the core statements of the movie that made it so extraordinary.
Yeah, Matrix was a great great movie.

Too bad Reloaded and Revolutions were a pile of popcorn cinema crap.
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

That was supposed to be a joke. :duh:
naughtyboy
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by naughtyboy »

I'd like to see remix64 support SID based tunes, not just .SID tune remixes. Its a bigger world now, and yes I know, its REMIX64. But I think of the modern era as a complete remix on the golden age of 64. Before, programmers would make games that would inspire the musician to make the sid. NOW its been remixed! Now micromusicians inspire programmers! Now the programmers dont write c64 games anymore...but you can see the direct relationship eh?

Infact, My SID music is being used in a NEW Nokia Game! YES, Thats RIGHT! My style of SID has inspired the developers at nokia! Not only that, I am also scoring a new Disney short film with SID as well! There you have it, De-Evlolution is REAL! haha

With that fact in mind, I think Remix64 should be more of a global hub for ALL SID music...

End of line...

-naughtyboy
http://www.8bitweapon.com
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

naughtyboy wrote:I'd like to see remix64 support SID based tunes, not just .SID tune remixes. Its a bigger world now, and yes I know, its REMIX64. But I think of the modern era as a complete remix on the golden age of 64. Before, programmers would make games that would inspire the musician to make the sid. NOW its been remixed! Now micromusicians inspire programmers! Now the programmers dont write c64 games anymore...but you can see the direct relationship eh?

Infact, My SID music is being used in a NEW Nokia Game! YES, Thats RIGHT! My style of SID has inspired the developers at nokia! Not only that, I am also scoring a new Disney short film with SID as well! There you have it, De-Evlolution is REAL! haha

With that fact in mind, I think Remix64 should be more of a global hub for ALL SID music...

End of line...

-naughtyboy
I think you need more evil laughs in there, Seth :)

Kind of emphasise the point I made somewhere that the sound of the SID is pretty much the only unique thing we've got going for us over here.

Hope Disney are paying you some good money and not claiming they're a bit pushed for cash... and Nokia come to that.

Incidentally, check out my http://www.uaprofile.com

Chris
naughtyboy
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by naughtyboy »

What is that link? It says only registered peeps can view.. :(

I am being paid handsomely by both Disney and Nokia. Im not doing ring tones...Im scoring a multiplayer, multiplatform game!! The modern world will know SID in a big way once again~! Not to mention expose a whole new, younger, generation to SID! I will create a race of super mutants and crus....er...oops...

YEah...so im excited to help the community get its props in the modern world! We have been true to our chips and we deserve another day in the sun! (don't worry folks, you don't actually have to go outside..) hehe

And now an evil laugh as requested my the Martin Luther King jr of SID, Chris Abbott: BWwahahahahahahahaaaaaaa!

love and Brotherhood (and possibly some sisterhood?),

-naughtyboy