Makke's new CD "Its Binary Baby"

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Ok, Thats it Chris, its done, every time you hear pumpkin man now..... HAHAHA *i'm fu-kin' men . . . i'm fu-kin' men* - heh, maybe it was the bitrate, the DVD audio was much clearer ;)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Matrix wrote:Ok, Thats it Chris, its done, every time you hear pumpkin man now..... HAHAHA *i'm fu-kin' men . . . i'm fu-kin' men* - heh, maybe it was the bitrate, the DVD audio was much clearer ;)
You utter, utter, utter, utter, utter.....
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

:twisted: Muhahahahahahahahahaha-hahaha-ahaha-a-hahahahaa
Slick2097
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Slick2097 »

I actually thought that the "i am pumpkin man" said "I am humping men" ... until I figured it out from the track name later on :oops:

Still, you've gotta laugh.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Chris Abbott wrote:"A pumpkin lawyer" (instead of "A pumpkin warrior")
I think you might have had one too many runnins with lawyers from artists who've "borrowed" from C64 tunes. ;)
Slaygon wrote:Maybe she'll listen to you? =)
I'll make a song about it then. ;)
Chris Abbott wrote:I've also got to big up Makke for managing to produce a CD full of lyrics that doesn't sound banal, too clever, stupid, or sickening :)
Yeah, I was a bit worried about that. It's hard to write lyrics about computer games without getting too cheesy. So I ended up writing a few that were non-game related as well.

Writing songs about databases with out getting cheesy is easier. ;)
Chris Abbott wrote:One query though: "face like the devil" isn't exactly a compliment in English if you're talking about the bearded guy with horns :) Can work out what you mean from the context though.
That particular piece of text was subject to a few changes until I decided to keep it since I figured the context should make it clearer.

Though it adds a little mystique to the track. Is the girl beautiful, or fugly? Is it just her body that's nice? The "body like a playmate, face like a trainwreck" (which actually fits to sing along to the song as well) type of girl? Who knows! ;)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Makke wrote:
Chris Abbott wrote:"A pumpkin lawyer" (instead of "A pumpkin warrior")
I think you might have had one too many runnins with lawyers from artists who've "borrowed" from C64 tunes. ;)
Slaygon wrote:Maybe she'll listen to you? =)
I'll make a song about it then. ;)
Chris Abbott wrote:I've also got to big up Makke for managing to produce a CD full of lyrics that doesn't sound banal, too clever, stupid, or sickening :)
Yeah, I was a bit worried about that. It's hard to write lyrics about computer games without getting too cheesy. So I ended up writing a few that were non-game related as well.

Writing songs about databases with out getting cheesy is easier. ;)
Chris Abbott wrote:One query though: "face like the devil" isn't exactly a compliment in English if you're talking about the bearded guy with horns :) Can work out what you mean from the context though.
That particular piece of text was subject to a few changes until I decided to keep it since I figured the context should make it clearer.

Though it adds a little mystique to the track. Is the girl beautiful, or fugly? Is it just her body that's nice? The "body like a playmate, face like a trainwreck" (which actually fits to sing along to the song as well) type of girl? Who knows! ;)
Yeah, maybe she was ugly but she entranced you with her flute... who knows... :)
Sidman 64
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sidman 64 »

Very nice CD this is, I like the fact that its something new in terms of the remixing and that 80's feel 8)

Makke's the maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan :lol:
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Writing songs about databases with out getting cheesy is easier.
Someone on the Machinae Supremacy forums said it was as good as "Pocket Calculator" :)
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

MAKKE, THE CD ROCKS! :rock:

Listened to it this morning, awesome stuff. Love the lyrics as well, brilliantly put together.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Cheers for the good words, lads. :) Hope it'll give you many hours of listening joy.
Chris Abbott wrote:Someone on the Machinae Supremacy forums said it was as good as "Pocket Calculator" :)
Hahahaha! I guess they're on the same level of cheesyness...though I actually think my lyrics are slightly wittier. ;)
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
StormKeeper
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by StormKeeper »

Good CD man :)
Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Max Levin »

Got the cd today, and... ... ... Sorry, I'm looking for words to describe how FUCKIN AMAZING IT IS! :D As I've heard on Slay-radio: UN-FUCKIN-BELIEVABLE! :D

Makke, you git, you just now gave me tinnitus :wink:
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Good thing you like the album, Max! :D
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Max Levin »

I'll come back with a review! :twisted:
weblaus
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by weblaus »

A well-informed source tells me Makke will soon be known to thousands of unsuspecting videogamers as "The Popstar"...