Just gotta say - Benn, you hero.

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Just gotta say - Benn, you hero.

Post by Bog »

When Mark's cable or whatever fell out during the live SID80s set, Benn had about a second and a quarter lag before realising that The Mad Fiddler had just Gone Away before he had his flute to the mic and was filling in for all he was worth.

It was amazing, and really showed how the artists at these events pull together. Awesome. Just awesome.

*raises pint-glass of distilled water (it's after the gig, you know)

Benn. You fucking rock, dude. You *all* rock, but to see how you watched Madfiddler's back then was just awe-inspiring. Sorry the best tribute I could do was drunken, incoherent lurching :)
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Or go look at http:/www.imaginetix.co.uk
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Just gotta say - Benn, you hero.

Post by Chris Abbott »

Bog wrote:When Mark's cable or whatever fell out during the live SID80s set, Benn had about a second and a quarter lag before realising that The Mad Fiddler had just Gone Away before he had his flute to the mic and was filling in for all he was worth.

It was amazing, and really showed how the artists at these events pull together. Awesome. Just awesome.

*raises pint-glass of distilled water (it's after the gig, you know)

Benn. You fucking rock, dude. You *all* rock, but to see how you watched Madfiddler's back then was just awe-inspiring. Sorry the best tribute I could do was drunken, incoherent lurching :)
Hehe, I was talking with Ben last night about that, and HE was impressed that when it happened he turned round and Jeremy was playing the same thing on his bass for all he was worth: impressed Ben no end :)

Chris
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Yep... that's called musicianship that is... Think I should drop out more often... Keep them all on their toes :twisted:
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

[vader]

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo.......

[/vader]
StormKeeper
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by StormKeeper »

:)
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Bog »

Heeheeheee :)

It's just a constant source of pleasure and amazement to me how sodding professional you all are.
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Or go look at http:/www.imaginetix.co.uk
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

I love the little moments like that. Watching the rehearsal earlier in the day when SID80s were doing Spellbound and it suddenly morphed into Tubular Bells. Classic.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Yeah and I bloody forgot to do that at the actual concert, I think a few people would have thought that was funny ;)
Driller
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Driller »

I love the little moments like that. Watching the rehearsal earlier in the day when SID80s were doing Spellbound and it suddenly morphed into Tubular Bells. Classic.
Hurry up and release the rehearsal footage on a DVD! I'd love to see/hear that :)