WHAT A TOP WEEKEND !!!! B.I.T

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Sidman 64
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

WHAT A TOP WEEKEND !!!! B.I.T

Post by Sidman 64 »

Wow it actually went really well and I must say I now know what Mr ABBOTT & Mr RAYSON feel like before and after these events :lol:
"you guys know what I mean" :wink:

For me it all started about 3 month ago when I phoned Chris with regards to the Venue & P.A etc, and so it started to move :D
I was actually at the venue from Wednesday night - then Thursday Night - all day Friday helping Pete transport all the equipment
then setting up the Staging - Lighting etc.

I must say a big thanks to my mate Pete for doing such a grand job on all the P.A - sound - and lighting, It all went perfectly :D

I have recorded all the rehersals from Friday and also the SID80's & P.P.O.T sets on the Saturday night on a DV camcorder
which have come out great with good sound !!!!

At least I have something to watch while I wait for the replacement DVD 1 :lol: :lol:
Only joking I can't wait to get this DVD, Chris put it on for everybody to see on Sunday in the Retro room and everybody
who was there thought it was great :wink:

I had a great chat with Reyn Ouwehand - Mathew Cannon & Tim Follin.
I met Andreas with his girlfiend & his friend Jon, nice people :)
Got my C64 signed by all the performers including M, Cannon & T, Follin :D
But this baby is going nowhere near Ebay, instead I am putting it back in the box and into the loft where it's been all this time :wink:
I have had this C64 for ages and just wanted the iceing on the cake :D

Anyway I hope everybody enjoyed the weekend and I am now well looking forward to COPENHAGEN in November.
At least all I have to do now is turn up - get pissed - watch a kick ass concert - drink lots of VODKA till 5am in morning & then sleep :lol:
Need to keep Mark away from the bar as he seems to drink ALL THE VODKA and leaves none for anybody else :evil: :evil:
Or is it ROB :lol: :lol:

One last note
As you all know that at this B.I.T I did a music album which you all got free when you came to the event.
All I ask is when you get the time could you please give some feedback on the album :)
And please all be honest - if it's good - ok - shit or totally shit.
This will give me a good base as to where I am going and will help loads :wink:

I took 150 copies to the event and left with 30, so hopefully out of the 120 that you guys all have someone will give feedback :lol: :twisted:

C U in COPENHAGEN

Paul
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

I'll say I liked it if you share some of your recordings with us
Sidman 64
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sidman 64 »

subzero wrote:I'll say I liked it if you share some of your recordings with us
That's not fare :twisted: :lol:
I am going to edit the recordings then send it on DVD to MR ABBOTT :wink:
Chris knows what to do from there :)
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

I listened to the cd on the way home on the bus paul...its pretty good actually :)
Slick2097
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Slick2097 »

HI,

New guy here, 1st retrovision and all (and it seems the last :/ )

The danceaway cd was in my view pretty good, I especially liked the relaxing "Lost In Guitars" as i'm not really into the dance scene but that particular track was very nice.

Tribal dance was also good. And as it was free it gets extra marks anyway ;)

Overall the album was good, its currently playing in my iTunes list.

Cheers,
Ste.
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Love the CD Paul (particularly "I want your body"... but I don't want your body!) , and thanks for all your hard work in helping organise the event...
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
StormKeeper
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by StormKeeper »

I definately liked listening to the CD... I also uploaded the album details to CDDB through Winamp, though I used your real name for the CD artist, as opposed to "Danceaway". :oops:
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

How come uploading to CDDB seems to work for everyone but me?

I uploaded a shitload of info for "Revival ST", but maybe didn't realise CDDB has a lag...

Chris
StormKeeper
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by StormKeeper »

I had no problems with CDDB... I even uploaded Makke's album when it couldn't find the entry. If I had bought the ST album, I'd have done that for you too.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Well, anyway, I'm signing up for a label account with CDDB so I should be able to manage that in the future a little better.

Chris
Driller
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Driller »

I had no problems with CDDB... I even uploaded Makke's album when it couldn't find the entry. If I had bought the ST album, I'd have done that for you too.
So you're the bloody one! j/k :)

Its funny because there was no listing for Makke's CD or the Danceaway one when I started to rip them to the ipod. I had to manually enter the Danceaway cd info and submit it. After that I was ready to enter the information for Makke's cd until i put it in the cdrom for the second time and audiograbber found the info :)

Bloody quick work!
StormKeeper
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by StormKeeper »

Driller wrote:
So you're the bloody one! j/k :)

Its funny because there was no listing for Makke's CD or the Danceaway one when I started to rip them to the ipod. I had to manually enter the Danceaway cd info and submit it. After that I was ready to enter the information for Makke's cd until i put it in the cdrom for the second time and audiograbber found the info :)

Bloody quick work!
Thank you sir! :D I was actually listening to them both last night, and found out there was no entry for either, so I decided to fill them in. What time did you do the CD the first time around? And what about the second?