Whats the latest for BIT LIVE 2006?

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...

Where would you like to see BITLIVE2005/2006 Held?

Brighton (revisited)
18%
Gossips (some of us have not been there!)
3%
Coppenhagen
55%
Anywhere cheap!
12%
Don't give a toss really!
9%
Somerset!
3%

Total votes: 33

Sidman 64
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sidman 64 »

Lets all go to Sweden and have a ball - or a B.I.T live event then get pissed oh yeh :lol:
We must get R.Hubbard to play alongside Madfiddler & Ben etc etc :!:
right where is Sweden :?:
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Just for the record:

i could arrange to get a very big club that's:

5 minutes from the Garda Lake.
20 minutes from Verona.
40 minutes from the Verona/Brescia Airport (served at very cheap rates by RyanAir).

As i said, just for the record.
http://www10.mappy.com/sid4VCjJf3mGCnMn ... =1;lang=en
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

mmmmmmmmm id love to visit italia... if there was a tab for that id have clicked that :-)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

DHS: would the venue be relatively cheap for a Saturday night in June?

Also, how much PA would be required for a full rock concert? Is the venue suitable for live performance?

Chris
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

I think the venue has to be somewhere where sceners can get to easily. We shouldn't expect much passing traffic to come in, so I don't think Italy would be the best place... although I'd love to go there..
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Chris Abbott wrote:DHS: would the venue be relatively cheap for a Saturday night in June?

Also, how much PA would be required for a full rock concert? Is the venue suitable for live performance?
Chris
I think it would be much cheaper if into the week.
What's a "PA"?

I'll let you know everything.
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

madfiddler wrote:I think the venue has to be somewhere where sceners can get to easily. We shouldn't expect much passing traffic to come in, so I don't think Italy would be the best place... although I'd love to go there..
Well, that zone lives on tourism (expecially from german and dutch people), so it's not easy to come there, it's damn easy.
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
hyperhack
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by hyperhack »

wow! thats great! A holiday in Italia would be just the ticket, especially worth considering if it's cheap enough. I'm saving up now! :P

Hey DHS, would any of your Soundwavers crew be willing to participate as one of the acts to the event? I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say it would be great to hear your stuff live! The Marble Pack Edit of Stormlord is a great remix! Shame I can't find any translations of the lyrics on your site though!

:(

HH (avid TSW fan) :wink:
C= cult never died it just went away and now

ITS BACK WITH A BANG!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> What's a "PA"?

Amplification equipment. Speakers, lights, microphones, etc.

Chris
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

hyperhack wrote:Hey DHS, would any of your Soundwavers crew be willing to participate as one of the acts to the event? I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say it would be great to hear your stuff live! The Marble Pack Edit of Stormlord is a great remix! Shame I can't find any translations of the lyrics on your site though!

:(

HH (avid TSW fan) :wink:
The translation of the lyrics is on the tune page in R64:

http://www.remix64.com/tuneinfo.php?id=228900&ami=0

About the act event: it would be nice, but i have to think about the fact that about all the music would be pre-registered (some solos and voice a part) and i don't know if that would make sense.

Cheers.
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
hyperhack
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by hyperhack »

Cheers DHS!

Now I finally see what the song is about. I'm surprised to see after reading the lyrics that the message the song puts out is quite sad, before I thought it was a happy happy kind of song. Proves how wrong I was on that note! :oops:

With regard to your pre-registered comments you'll have to excuse me if I sound a bit slow (as i'm not a musician personally) but I take it you mean the effect would be pre-programmed equipment to play the music and not giving a live effect?

I don't know how other scene members feel about it, but I would love to see some live DJ'ing at the next event. Maybe some remixers such as yourself can all calaborate and mix some tracks together. The lights, the visuals, the music it would be fantastic. Okay I know its compromising the 'warts and all' live performance aspect and has probably been done before at the earlier BIT's but a lot of us missed out on those so it would be great to see some earlier BIT event resuse with the next event? Bit of old combined with something new? Isnt that what its all about?

Okay i'm getting carried away now, hands up all those that would love to see soundwavers as an act to BitLive 2006? :lol:
C= cult never died it just went away and now

ITS BACK WITH A BANG!
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Sample artists (grin) and DJ's could be used to finish the musical set.

If the finish time is late enough, then that stops us having to leave the venue to drink and chat somewhere else... I'm up for that!!!
Sidman 64
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sidman 64 »

DHS Wrote

Could get a venue in Verona :?:

Well I would just like to say that if this is possible then it would b one hell of a place for people to see.
I have just returned from this very place "business trip to Smeg" and I must say it is a fantastic place I would love togo back there to watch a B.I.T Live at Verona Italy :lol: :lol:

It would b really nice DHS if you could arrange to play in L'Arena :lol:
now that would top all B.I.T Events :!: :!:

Danceaway
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

One problem I can see is it might be expensive to get good, reliable support to the club: equipment hire, people to set up the speakers, that kind of thing. It's easier to get that kind of thing in a capital city...

One of the other things I stated was the ability to use the venue for rehearsals in the days before the event: that might pose a number of problems, including the PA requirements for the rehearsal and equipment hire. But if the rehearsals happen in a rehearsal studio, then you've got to find one, arrange transport to it, equipment hire, etc. Hopefully the performers fund would cover a lot of this. But this is where a lot of the costs came from at this BIT Live. If you've got a three day event, you've got three days worth of accommodation for loads of people. Unless they all sleep in fields under the moonlit summer sky... ;-)

I guess that would depend on how many local Verona lasses were feeling frisky :)

Chris
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

What about if Copenhagen was used for a traditional BIT Live, loads of live performances, etc, and Verona was used a bit later for a club BIT Live with DJs, knob twiddlers and acoustic sets? That would cut down the costs a hell of a lot, though there would still be a shortage of composers to meet (though more than St Luke's, probably).

The club would probably have enough PA for the knob twiddling, so you'd be restricted to the cost of the venue.

It would HAVE to be a weekend though. If it was in the week, about 2 people would turn up.

Why not get Mark to run a Retrovision at this club and have a substantial BIT Live performers "one man and his box" element? Mingy one, you up for some o' that?

Chris