and the bet is ON!.

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

and the bet is ON!.

Post by Infamous »

hey neil... holland in.. germany out.

i should say the bet with rob is now officially REALLY ON

see them in the semi's we hope eh ;-)
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Re: and the bet is ON!.

Post by Waz »

Infamous wrote:hey neil... holland in.. germany out.
[sing this to Three Lions]

They're going home,
They're going home,
They're going,
Germany's going home..

Truth be told, they'd shot themselves in the foot with that 0-0 draw against Latvia. And allowing Milan Baros of all people to score tonight....
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

LOL!!!!

let the battle comence :)
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Infamous wrote:see them in the semi's we hope eh ;-)
So you wish for Sweden to get kicked out, huh, Huh, HUH?!?

No seriously, it'll be Sweden-England in the semi's...and we'll KICK your arses so hard you won't be able to sit until Back In Time Live. :)
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Makke wrote:No seriously, it'll be Sweden-England in the semi's...and we'll KICK your arses so hard you won't be able to sit until Back In Time Live. :)
[controversy]Despite the fact it took a rigged result for you to qualify?[/controversy]

Just kidding, but it should be an interesting game if we qualify.
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

we're back at the WM 2006, so watch out.... :evil:

btw. now i think that holland gets the EM crown... :wink:
Markus Schneider
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Markus Schneider »

It's a relief to see Germany out. Patriotism keeps within a limit.
There's just one problem with the team - simply the quality of our forwards :roll: With the quality of a Baros or van Nistelrooy we had won against Holland and Latvia.

Now it's time to see more good football and real shooting stars. It's really a feast for the eyes to see those Rooney, Baros, Ronaldo, Larson & Co. Czech Rep. and Portugal is my tip for the finals. The big teams like England (Beckham) and France (Zidane) couldn't convice me up to now. But who knows ...
Finally I am granting it to those who play from their heart a really fresh and offensive football. At the moment I can only see this for Czech.
Markus
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

Of course Denmark will win the finals again (as we did in 1992).

Sweden doesn't play half the football we do. 8)
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Very good point Markus, I've been very impressed with the Czechs. I think they could go on and win it.

England can win tonight, but Sir Rooney has to keep his head, will the presure get to him? Englands best player at 18 has looked very cool all championships, i hope that continues. Drastically need owen and beckham to be on form too tonight if we are to beat portugal.

Been impressed with Lampard too. and dare i say it.... even "gary neville" has played very well!

Interesting game tonight, two very even sides.

The battle of "Roonaldo v Ronaldo" (lol, i really should write headlines for newspapers ;)
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

hehe... after the world cup group stages.. with sweden im not sure if id be comfortable with a england vs sweden as much as i would england vs holland... strange eh

on paper holland absolutely wipe the floor with most teams for talent (except maybe france) but sweden play with a raw passion and have a real good understanding of each other.

czech republic.. nedved!! nedved!! nedved!! nuff said.. ooh that rhythms
denmark i dunno we can hope and pray you lot take the czechs out and then get violently buggered by france in the semi's.. either way it's looking like france are gonna be in the final.. but the big question is will it be england/sweden or holland? all good teams... sorry to rubbish the other sides.. but hey.. you got france over there in your area.. better you than us :-).
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

lol, it gets worse, i've just now placed a bet with wispa ;)

if portugal win 2-1 then wispa wins
if england win 2-1 then i win!

Damn, i'm so gonna be out of pocket when the compo ends ;)
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

wazzaw wrote:[controversy]Despite the fact it took a rigged result for you to qualify?[/controversy]
LOL! Yeah, talk about denial :)

I can't remember the term in english but a danish TV-host said: "Thief thinks every man steals..."
<--- I went that way --->
o2
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by o2 »

Go Denmark , Go Denmark... Denmark will win it all... like they did 1992 ;)
All ET's arent nice!!
Zzapback
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Zzapback »

Larsec wrote:
wazzaw wrote:[controversy]Despite the fact it took a rigged result for you to qualify?[/controversy]
LOL! Yeah, talk about denial :)

I can't remember the term in english but a danish TV-host said: "Thief thinks every man steals..."
Har-har.
Well, it was pretty obvious that Denmark didn't want to push Sweden into a 3-1 position. The leftwing was left totally open and Gronkjaer could have walked the ball in if he wanted, but they just didn't want to 'kill' their neighbour. They kept the backdoor open for Sweden to escape just in case, I have no doubt about that. And let's face it: I'd also come across Sweden again rather than Italy. :wink:

As far as Holland is concerned: I have no clue. I predicted a horrible tournament for them, and it was, until the Germans decided to shoot themselves in the foot. 8)

They CAN beat Sweden, but they're very unpredictable.
A England-Holland semi would be brilliant, btw.
A nice chance to make up for that 4-1 back in 1996. :twisted:

Enjoy the game tonigh!
Ta!
Rob
The future is Retro...(sorta)
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Larsec wrote:I can't remember the term in english but a danish TV-host said: "Thief thinks every man steals..."
Haha, that was my thoughts exactly when I heard the acusations. "You know others as you know yourself." I think Italy jinxed it. Had they said nothing, Denmark would've won. And it was a fair game. No way was that rigged (and anyone who believes so should stop watching football and start watching...oh I don't know womens football?), and Denmark would have taken every chance to slap Sweden in the face.

@Lagerfeldt:
We shall see. Hope we meet in the final. Though I think both teams will have a hard time making it to the next round. Unfortunatly Holland play a lot like Denmark, which is a play style Sweden have problems with.