TEchnicolor

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

TEchnicolor

Post by Infamous »

Here was me thinking that id had enough of remixing and wasn't going to do anymore and then I came across this sid

C64Music\MUSICIANS\C\Crabtree_Ian\Technicolour.sid

http://infamous.ziphoid.com/Technicolor.mp3

I am still working on it, there is another section that i've ommited from this version and I am considering doing some pendulum style vocals (ie heavily processed and flying right up its own phaser) I also turned the bass eq OFF on the bassline and turned the compressor off on the drumloop so that its a little clearer to listen too, the finished product will be full of lovely evil bass. I have about 12 bass loops that I made for this and im sure you can imagine how many drums I have to play with heh.. I plan to use them to good effect to really mix it up, tomorrow I'll mess about with them and drop them in here and there and see how that goes.

Got alot of work to do on the guitar too, again I'll fiddle about with it more in the day but its taking shape quite well.. not bad for an hour of work im sure you'll agree.

Anyway.. comments/suggestions as always happily received.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Re: TEchnicolor

Post by Infamous »

Updated it and put in the beginning (the breakdown is still abrupt and im keeping it to myself until it sounds better to me).

What else have i changed? , decided against the guitar it didn't seem to fit well enough.. ive still got the compressor turned off on the main drums (you can hear that in the 1st instance of them as they are pretty quiet.. they will be louder), added one of the extra little basslines towards the end too.. theres plenty more where that came from and im working on putting more of the technicolour tune in there... coming along quite nicely now though.
manganoid
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by manganoid »

Cute :) Nice choice of tune. BTW, the all-round arrangement reminds me (just a lil bit) of the DIE HARD Trilogy for PSX. Cool. Keep up the good work.
P.S.
I'd like if you added the guitar, I just loove guitars :D
Cheers
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I'm pretty sure we said that you are not allowed to quit making remix. ;)

Very nice I like it alot.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Analog-X64 wrote:I'm pretty sure we said that you are not allowed to quit making remix. ;)

Very nice I like it alot.
Yes!... I'm perfectly sure we said that! :lol: ... don't know what it is 'bout these SID tunes, but you just cannot get 'em out of your head, and have to fiddle around with them in remixes :? ...

Nice job by the way Infy... and now go to the corner, and have your punishment for saying you would stop remixing! ... of you go! :twisted:
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

Hehe, I cant see me finishing this to be honest, totally lost interest in it.. but I did find myself doing the arkanoid remix (entirely daxx's fault for doing such a fantastic job with his one) always the way isn't it, you think RIGHT! THATS ENOUGH OF THAT! and then suddenly inspiration hits and you find yourself dragged right back in.

I've put that up on the rko queue now, so that should appear sometime aslong as it gets accepted of course.

Theres ONE other sid that I really would like to do so maybe once I've finished all the other stuff I've found myself inundated with (not complaining! its fantastic being busy lol) I'll have a go at it.