Losing my Picture hosting.

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Losing my Picture hosting.

Post by Analog-X64 »

My ISP is partnered with Yahoo. Originally there was Yahoo Photo's, and you could upload/share photos through them. Well they phased out that service and replaced it with Flickr and gave everyone Flickr Pro accounts.

Now they say they dont want to continue the service, and although it would mean 50,000 people would be effected its only a small percentage of their entire customer base.

So what this means is, my account will default to a Regular account, which only allows 200 Photos. I have about 600+ uploaded, so once the account switches, if I want those photos back, I will need to pay them $24.95 per year to subscripe to pro account.

I'm not sure which of the photos will be suspended till I pay. So some of the logos and such that I've been posting in the past, may no longer be available here.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Losing my Picture hosting.

Post by Chris Abbott »

If it will help I gave HVSC a server and you can piggyback on that if necessary...

Oooh, I forgot, giving people free webspace is the act of an evil empire bent on world domination, repression, and competing on uneven terms with other hosting companies. Shame on me!

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

Rafi, you know there's always a place for you on the dark side. You know what contact routes to use ;)
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Max Levin »

Same thing with "my" Diino-account. One silly fileshare law and they go "Hey, guess what? We're refuging into one of those internet-harddrive solutions everyone was laughing at in the birth of the internet days, so your free account is degraded to a 31 day-trial one, buddy! Hope you don't mind downloading your 1000+ files, one by one, we're just so happy to releave ourselves from the bandwidth-issues you've caused we couldn't help but making your life a bit miserable in the end, HEHUHEHUHEHUHEHU :rofl: "