A VERY special day!

Forum Games, Funnies and other fun stuff. Post birthday wishes in the appropriate sub-forum.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

A VERY special day!

Post by tas »

This Sunday sees me making a long trip to Cardiff (Wales) to whitness a spectacle I haven't nor has any Doncaster person has ever whitnessed. I'm Of course going to The Millennium Stadium in Cardiff to see my beloved Doncaster Rovers play in the Johnstones Paint Trophy Final Against Bristol Rovers to what seems an attendence of 60,000.

This is Doncaster Rovers first ever National Final in it's 125+ years. A very special day for us Donny fans. Doncaster go into the final as favourites but that counts for nothing on the day!

Wish me and The red and white wizards (Doncaster Rovers) luck! We need it!

ROVERS TILL I DIE!
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

good luck and have a good day of it neil mate!
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Good luck, Neil!!! :D :D :D
All is lost.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Wow! I'm sure it'll be a very memorable day, and I'm sure you'll have a great time no matter what the outcome of the game (though a win is always prefered of course)!

Have a great one, Neil!
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Re: A VERY special day!

Post by Waz »

tas wrote:This is Doncaster Rovers first ever National Final in it's 125+ years.
At least you have a final to look forward to, Neil! I can remember the last time Man City got to anything major - it was the FA Cup Final in 1981. I cried after losing 3-2 in the replay :(

I'll be watching the game on Sky and looking out for you tomorrow. Take a banner with you so I can try and spot you! :)

Got any chants at the ready for tomorrow? "We are Donny, we are Donny, super Donny from Keepmoat" or something similar?
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Waz wrote:Take a banner with you so I can try and spot you! :)
Not like you can miss him :wink:

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Good luck Doncaster!
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Waz wrote:
tas wrote:This is Doncaster Rovers first ever National Final in it's 125+ years.
At least you have a final to look forward to, Neil! I can remember the last time Man City got to anything major - it was the FA Cup Final in 1981. I cried after losing 3-2 in the replay :(

I'll be watching the game on Sky and looking out for you tomorrow. Take a banner with you so I can try and spot you! :)

Got any chants at the ready for tomorrow? "We are Donny, we are Donny, super Donny from Keepmoat" or something similar?
I'm right at the top of the north stand in the centre - Can't miss me there's only 20,000 others there from Donny adorned in red and white hoops ;)

Got myself a silly red and white jester type hat that i look totally foolish in bu what the heck eh? ;)

As for the chants, they usually just happen don't they.. So, at the moment the usual "Rovers til i die!" and "We've got Paul Heffernen" chants seem most likely - Although i'm sure Jason Price if fit enough to play a part will get some sort of "Afro goal machine" chant.
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Well for those of you who don't know, Doncaster beat Bristol Rovers 3-2 after extra time to win the Johnstone's Paints Trophy. I can just imagine the various stages of emotions for Neil during the game:

49 seconds: "The afro man Price has got it, shot's going nowhere, but here's Forte - YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! Get in!!"

5 minutes: "Nice goal kick from Sullivan - it's gone all the way to Heffernan - YESSSSSSSSS! Ding dang doo! 2-0 to the mighty Rovers!"

49 minutes: "Awww no, what's he hauled him down for and given Bristol Rovers a pen? Please save it, Sullivan. Please! Noooooooo! Got his hand to it and it went in off the post! Feck!"

62 minutes: "Where's the marking here? Close him down - nooooo! 2-2.. bollocks!"

110 minutes: "Get this corner in the box.. go on, YESSSSSSSSS! Cracking header from the captain! We're gonna win! Come on!"

Needless to say I think he'd have been going dool within 5 minutes, had his head in his hands during the second half and then completely euphoric after the winning goal.

I didn't see you in the crowd though Neil, I even checked back through the crowd with my Sky+ recording but the cameras didn't get to you. Hope you're going mental right now!
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Oh, dear! I can only imagine the amount of beer he'll be consuming this evening. ;)
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
dan gillgrass

Post by dan gillgrass »

Makke wrote:Oh, dear! I can only imagine the amount of beer he'll be consuming this evening. ;)
?? eh? Neil doesnt drink..........

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Mind you, it's not all good news for Donny - Jason Price snapped his Achilles tendon (ouch!) so he'll be missing till the start of next season...
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Just got back.. It's been a long long day.. Started out waking at 4:30am then picked up my mates at 5:30am then a long drive to south Wales arriving at 10:30am to whitness an attendence just shy of 60,000 (Record breaking attendence for this cup in it's 24 year history and the largest ever crowd for a Doncaster game in our history).

48 seconds gone.. and the place was buzzing! The quickest ever goal in the Trophy's history.. 5 mins gone and Heffs makes it 2-0... I was going ape!

Bristol rovers came out in the second half and put on a great show of football and found themselves back in the game when it became 2-2 and if it wasn't for Ex Scotland International goalkeeper sullivan they would have won it easily!

Then into extra time..Captain LEE rose to thump the ball into the back of the net! I've lost my voice after that!

Thats Rovers FIRST ever national cup win, and Neil's first ever visit to the millenium stadium and Am i an happy chappy???

YOU BET I AM!

Your right Waz, a day of mixed emotions. Delerious with the start, agonised by the equaliser and beyond joy at the winner. The 5 hour journey home would have been so very hard if we lost!
Last edited by tas on 01/04/2007 - 23:09, edited 1 time in total.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

merman wrote:Mind you, it's not all good news for Donny - Jason Price snapped his Achilles tendon (ouch!) so he'll be missing till the start of next season...
It's terrible news.. Such a great player for us! He'll be sorely missed!

And I've just found out the extent of the injury - He's not just out for this season but probably out for the entire next season! :cry:
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

Congrats, Neil!!! :)
Hard earned though.

If Price is out for the whole next season, imagine how long it will take through recovery and then training to get back into shape with such an injury... I wish him a good recovery!
All is lost.