New Editor

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

New Editor

Post by tas »

I'd just like to express my warm congrats to chris who has become remix64's new editor. :)

On a personal note now, I'll just re-emphasise that i have not left remix64, i have just vanquished my position as Editor. Chris will do a much better jhob as in recent times i've found it very difficult to pursue the Editorial Job, now a new Editor is found i'm lookibng forward to a more insightful remix64.

I'm currently very busy with the remix64 v2 CD and i am working on a page right here at remix64 which will open in due course. After V2 of the CD i am unsure what i'll do after then, but i will be contributing every now and then when my mind is upto it.

once again a warm welcome to chris remix's new Editor, over to you Chris.

Signing out,
Neil
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Good luck Chris in yr new found role.... Im sure u will do well and I wish you the best of luck! (also cos I have just been nice Im sure u can hype up any remix that I might eventually do :wink: )
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Whoever is sitting in the Editor's chair, we should all support them. Thanks again to Neil for his hard work, and good luck to Chris (let me know if you need any help - review for SIDOLOGIE coming soon).
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I can assure you that the position won't involve any lessening of my
commitment to destroying the C64 scene by releasing hundreds
of crap CDs.

So that's alright then ;)

Seriously, it's an easy job to fill because Markus and Neil
did their jobs so well :)

Chris
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

Congratulations Chris :)

Looking forward to having you as editor on this great site :)

...and thanks to Neil for doing such a great job when he was editor...

My dream is to become editor to some day when I grow up ;)

Oh, and Chris about your conquest to become ruler of the entire galaxy... I can just hear in my mind how it went down when you heard that Neil was leaving...
(Think Star Wars - Episode 1)
Senator Palpatine: I will be chanselor!
Chris Abbott: I will be editor...
;)
<--- I went that way --->
Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Max Levin »

Maybe there should be a little "Chris Abbott"-button on the menu to the left?
Count Floyd

Post by Count Floyd »

Great news and good choice, congrats and hi to Chris !

(timing couldn't be better since I'm back as well with the urging desire to re-arrange my old midi renditions hosted at c64audio since ages ago)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Hey, nice to hear back from you Count Klingey :)

I tried sending you the occasional free CD but your snail mail bounced...!

Have you got some new equipment now? And have you still got your MIDIs? Any new ones?

Chris
Count Floyd

Post by Count Floyd »

Chris Abbott wrote:Hey, nice to hear back from you Count Klingey
Woah...I wouldn't have expected to be remembered! /me feels very honored :shock:

I tried sending you the occasional free CD but your snail mail bounced...!
No surprise since I've been moving 4 times...wait...does that mean I've spent unnecessary money for the BIT 1-3 CDs ?!? :)
Have you got some new equipment now? And have you still got your MIDIs? Any new ones?
No new (musical) equipment here, I've been very busy with work & programming. Nevertheless I always tried to follow the development of the game remixing community and especially at remix.kwed.org I was downloading Songs on a daily basis. As written above I didn't have time to start sequencing again but of course I still have all of my old renditions which I'm giving a major overhaul now. Lucky me, things have changed to the better when it comes to soft-synths which I'm using in a desperate attempt to get rid of the Midi-ish Sound and to compensate for my lack of hardware. The songs I'm redoing are:

Tintin on the Moon (my attempt to make a funky version with convincing drums)
Goldrunner (IMO this tune just screams for a healthy dose of techno/trance)
Double Dragon (arranged to sound like those 80's synthrock songs we all just love to hate)

Double Dragon is already in the mixing phase (were I still have to learn a LOT) the other 2 are ~80% done). I'm unsure when they will be done for real but I'm hoping I can upload them to Remix the next weeks. One thing I do know for sure is that I won't retouch my Firelord MIDI since the remix from Glyn Brown is just perfect ! :P

Anyway, it's great to see that the quality of remixes is constantly improving and I feel very welcome here in this friendly community, which is partly an achievement by you and of course those other supportive & helpful guys. Hi and thanks to you all!