Feedback / Help! On Super Huey Remix

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Feedback / Help! On Super Huey Remix

Post by skitz »

Hello,

Right, I've been playing and playing with this fruity loops and I think I am finally getting somewhere with it.... well, actually I was hoping for some feedback on a few tracks that I have tried to remix (tried being the operative word!).

There is a remix of Hyper Blob but for the life of me I don't know what style it is in :) There is a remix of Super Huey which is an attempt at a Club Style. A few others there but none are finished..

All my remixes are at http://www.hadrill.co.uk/ if anybody wants to have a listen please feel free and if you have a chance send me some feedback...

I'm not a musician really but really do enjoy all creativity!

Regs
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Yo, Skitz, it's feedback time!

Firstly, Hyper Blob. Not bad. The only drawback is the piano - so many remixes use a piano that it sounds over-familiar. Still, a nice overall style.

Now, Super Huey. Excellent, love the club style, with vocals that could be a hit in Ibiza!
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

Merman, thanks for the comments - much appretiated..
merman wrote:Firstly, Hyper Blob. Not bad. The only drawback is the piano - so many remixes use a piano that it sounds over-familiar. Still, a nice overall style.
Yeah, basically I was just playing around with the chords and seeing if I could manually create piano chords that sounded "human" - doesn't really work - maybe I should get a keyboard :)
Now, Super Huey. Excellent, love the club style, with vocals that could be a hit in Ibiza!
Thankyou - I think the next step is to add some SFX, beef up the synths a bit (one sounds very weak!) and as you say vocals... now all I need is to come up with some lyrics and a fit bird to sing them - any offers? :lol:
DJ Skitz
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Well, I'm not a fit bird, so I can't help you there :wink:

Maybe some lyrics about a massive chopper? Or just a vocoder voice reciting the mission names... actually, that's a good idea!
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Glyn R Brown
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Glyn R Brown »

Hey Skitz .
I really like the Huey mix , looking forward to the final version :D
If your using Fruity Loops as you said , then you can use the ( mda piano ) Vsti to get the sound your looking for with the Hyper Blob mix.
It's not a great realistic piano sound , but it's pretty good :)
I used it on my Rubicon mix , it has a really nice sound , but you gotta add the reverb :wink:

Glyn ...
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

Glyn, thanks for the info - I think I did d/l that but haven't played with it yet...

I may have to pick your brain about FL some day :)
DJ Skitz
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

I took your advice Glyn and used the "mda piano" - I think it has promise :) Let me know... it's at the same URL:

http://www.hadrill.co.uk/hyper.mp3
DJ Skitz