Normalization between the rotational database and R:K:O

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
maverickbna
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Normalization between the rotational database and R:K:O

Post by maverickbna »

There's some songs that are on the SLAY rotational that aren't on R:K:O. And I'm *not* talking about commercial tracks.

Could these be put back into R:K:O, or made available for download elsewhere? Examples include CZ Tune's Double Dragon and XeNoMoRpH's Brubaker Loader, among others.

Thanks.
In a sky full of people - only some want to fly. Isn't that crazy?
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I have both tunes in my RKO Downloads folder and the date for both files are from 2001.

So maybe for some reason they were removed since?
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Squirrley
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Squirrley »

Well,while we are on the subject of tunes that are on rotational,but not on R.K.O. i was just wondering why these tunes are no longer on R.K.O. -
Jordan - Bobby Bearing (Daglish) Vs Josh Wink (Hardhouse Mix)
Scorpion - Wiz
I have heard them on rotational,so have they just been removed from R.K.O. or is there somewhere else i could download them.Any help would be much appreciated :)
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

Remember : SLAY Radio != RKO !

There are some tunes that do not belong on RKO ( like PVCF - My number is C64 ) because they are not remixes, but ARE C64 related.

Furthermore, some tunes have been deleted from RKO, that are still on the SLAY Rotational. AND there are some tunes that have been rejected on RKO ( lie CZ Tunes's Double Dragon ).
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'
Squirrley
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Re: Normalization between the rotational database and R:K:O

Post by Squirrley »

shadowhunter wrote:There's some songs that are on the SLAY rotational that aren't on R:K:O. And I'm *not* talking about commercial tracks.

Could these be put back into R:K:O, or made available for download elsewhere? Examples include CZ Tune's Double Dragon and XeNoMoRpH's Brubaker Loader, among others.

Thanks.
Well,just to help both these tunes are available in the RKO torrents -
http://tracker.slayradio.org/index.php?category=RKO
Many thnx to Misser! :)
And you can get the Double Dragon Title Remix from Ffrenzy's site...
http://www.ffrenzy.com
Many Thnx also Ffrenzy :)
the_JinX
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by the_JinX »

FFRenzy wrote:There are some tunes that do not belong on RKO ( like PVCF - My number is C64 ) because they are not remixes, but ARE C64 related.

Furthermore, some tunes have been deleted from RKO, that are still on the SLAY Rotational. AND there are some tunes that have been rejected on RKO ( lie CZ Tunes's Double Dragon ).
There are also some tunes on RKO that were rejected by SLAYRadio..
ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
And when in russia, pet a PETSCII
http://annejan.com/
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Arrangers whose remixes have been rejected can find alternative hosting for the mp3 files and submit the download URL at "My Remix64", thus making it available for direct download on Remix64.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

In my RKO downloads collection I have both

CZ Tunes - Double Dragon Title Remix.mp3

XeNoMoRpH - Brubaker Loader.mp3

Both downloaded 7/25/2001

However I think the reason they no longer exist on RKO is there was a point where a lot of tunes that were too SIDISH sounding were cleaned.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Regarding that little cleanup, I can't remember and my remix folders contains also betas from this place, other C64/Amiga remix stuff. :slap:
All is lost.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

RKO has a quality filter. In the past any old remix could be passed onto RKO and it was deemed at that time that this wasn't just any old site but a site that would offer a good experience. Thus it went trough a quality filter and not just any quality filter but also went through a jury system where trusted and intelligent people would vet it first.

Jan of RKO has the final say but also a selected jury has input. RKO is about delivering Remixes to masses but not at the same time delivering poor renditions.

Thats why some remixes are not available on RKO.

As markus states its still possible to host a mix if you find your own bandwidth and it'll be open to the public through remix64. It's upto the arranger to find alternative methods but it'll still be open to the public if they chose to do so.
Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Max Levin »

At the Gathering I heard another verion of Xenomorph's Brubaker-remix (the one on Slayradio is "Rubarb Intro Cstrikeimpossible"), if someone's got it then please share, I've had it with malware so I don't use google anymore.
the_JinX
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re:

Post by the_JinX »

Max Levin wrote:At the Gathering I heard another verion of Xenomorph's Brubaker-remix (the one on Slayradio is "Rubarb Intro Cstrikeimpossible"), if someone's got it then please share, I've had it with malware so I don't use google anymore.
http://jukebox.etv.cx/music/XeNoMoRpH_- ... Loader.mp3 (thx to Slaygon for sending it to me btw)
And ofcourse thanks to XeNoMoRpH for that wonderfull remix..
ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
And when in russia, pet a PETSCII
http://annejan.com/