Full Contact (Ambient mix)

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Anthony N.Putson
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Anthony N.Putson »

intersting to say the least !
Dimmignatt
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Dimmignatt »

hmmm.. Might've worked if it wasn't so damn out of tune..
The piano really doesn't work with the ambient sounds you've used since the tuning is messed up.
"Gentlemen! Let's broaden our minds. Lawrence? "
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I like it.

Now I'm not sure what the complaint is about the piano part, it does sound like a Detune Piano which I happen to have as one of the piano sets on my Roland W-30 Sampling Keyboard.

I think you can kick this tune up another notch if you add some Drum & Bass samples here and there. I would fade them in for a bar or two and fade them back out as not to over do it.

Thats my 2 Cents.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Lexx
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Lexx »

I would have alot of ideas bringing up the song into a higher lvl. As example... the main-instrument seems to be a woodwind instrument. To my taste it's too much in background & all kind of woodwinds need to have a wider range & to be in the first place.

I'm pretty sure alot of professionels & talented hobbists do agree with me. So therefore... try to give it a wider range...just for the flute only. There are several solutions possible....depending on the sequencer u used...if it's as example ...Fl-studio use the stereo separation knob in the mixer on the right side. If u used Reason 3.0 then i would recommend the device stereo imager from the Mclass suite to make it more in foreground. And perhaps ....u will need an eq for correcting the sound as it's a little bit too airless & dark.
U will see it will sound much better along with the nice delay. All asien flutes do better in that way.

Otherwise i could advise u to use some vst-plugins as from Nugen Audio or Nomad Factory etc...they have nice ideas for stereozation. However those are just a few ways....but there are many more tricks possible.

The other thing i want to criticise .....is the piano because it get's sucked too. Of course it's meant to be as accompanying instrument but why not automatize a nice panning for it :?: Make sure u do it very smooth & slowly while recording ur moves with the knob.

Maybe some addones could be advised but....i think that would be too much for today.
Lexx
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Lexx »

The tunes I used is typically for an "Ambient track" so therefore I don't use whole melody.
Sorry but i have to disagree in that point. Ambient music doesn't mean to be minimal because the chords & melodies appear in a delayed way. Of course ...Ambient is easy listening because it doesn't enforce listeners to particular elements. It's own complexity to be ignoreable but interesting. So therefore it's far easier to listen. Even for those greenhorns as everything appears delayed. U don't need to worry there for refrains with catchy tunes....u go as u like but not in a pushy way. That's so special on Ambient... generaly u can say...very relaxing, calm sounds but not boring. If u don't believe it...check this out pls:

:idea: :arrow: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambient

Actually, u improved a little bit with this remix. U tried to escape from ur usual goals as DJ....and focusing on a new way making of music. That's good. :) And for next time....i guess....it could be a good challenge for u....selecting a song which noone else or even right before has remixed. Try in the way as musican for a moment & replace ur usual tools such turntables, digiscratch, Traktor studio simply with a acceptable Midi sequencer. I think it's a good lesson switching the sides indefinitely. As DJ u learn to respect the rulez in danceable Music & as musican u learn to respect the music at all. And this combination is very helpful in remixing music.

So what will be ur next remix :?:
Lexx
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Lexx »

No that's offtopic but not the way i meant Guybrush...errr (name removed). Try something different...pickup just one track...no megamixing....no techno...only the way as musican that u should try. I would love to see ur results as i know a few djs succesfuly proven it to me. When i was younger i always thought that DJs can't make a serious remix or an song by themselves.

So a few famous DJs do also composing & not just mixing from there or here. I agree when someone says...that djing is an art by itselves which has also to be respected. But to my though the effort of a musican is higher. So i love to see when DJs prove their flexiblity to me.

Therefore i wish that u pickup a track that noone else has remixed before, a track, that wasn't in any Atari St, C64 or Immortal tracklist & also...don't decide to re-djing a track that already has taken a place on the listeners chartsector ok :?:

Are u afraid of taking this challenge :?: I would be very dissapointed IF. :roll: But i don't think so u refuse challenges...u are the guy with guts. :) So show me u could take the place as musican with god gifted ears too. I'm so exited...i can't wait for ur very first real remix. :D
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

<homer style>
mjam...much bigger projects... :mrgreen:
</homer style>
Dr.Future - and music will never be the same!
Lexx
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Lexx »

If someone is interested in my other and much bigger projects from he, he/she can contact me for receiving a sound demo.
I understand u. U think this competition/experiment isn't worth....so in context u would compete if i would pay u. That's sad because i don't earn money with music like u...i'm a so called beggar woman u know. Life sux. :roll:
Lexx
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Lexx »

If someone is interested in my other and much bigger projects from me, he/she can contact me for receiving a sound demo.
Welcome back Homer. ;)