Natascha's kidnapper used a c64

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Natascha's kidnapper used a c64

Post by beyond »

I know, a controversial subject, but it seems that the police have problems with this ancient artifact. Seems like the kidnapper (now dead) may have used it for something relevant to the kidnapping.

Story
the_JinX
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by the_JinX »

Yeah.. seen a link in #slayradio to this..

Those Police should get an MMC64 .. or an XM1541 or even a Catweasle mk 4 though..
It was hoped that the computer might contain information which might shed more light on the decision of Priklopil, 44, to snatch Ms Kampusch, when she was aged 10, in March 1998.

However, Major General Gerhard Lang of the Federal Criminal Investigations Bureau, told reporters the computer would complicate investigators' efforts to transfer files for closer examination.

There are emulators available which can make a modern PC capable of running Commodore 64 programmes but Maj Gen Lang said it would be difficult to transmit the data from Priklopil's machine to a modern computer "without loss".
Those should do the job ;)

It goes to prove there are weird people in this scene too..
ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
And when in russia, pet a PETSCII
http://annejan.com/
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Well, I don't think he bought any C64 remix CDs.

He must have been evil!! :)

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

/e makes sure there is no one under his stairs (just in case I did something wrong also)

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
Retrovertigo
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Retrovertigo »

Loving the avatar Dan! :lol:
dan gillgrass

Post by dan gillgrass »

Retrovertigo wrote:Loving the avatar Dan! :lol:
Trooper made it :wink:

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
Lexx
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Lexx »

I very symphatize Natascha not for the reason that she lives in the same nation/own like me but more the tragedy that happend to her, her willpower to give the best even then she expierenced the worsest shit within these horror 8 years & im very proud about her intelligence.

For a 18 years aged she uses a very fine german.....uses also alot of complex vocabularies which is unusual in her chase.
Also commendable her social thinking along with her worries about Priklopils Mother & her fondation which will come true.

It's possible that the offender was used to some C64 knowledge too as he was very educated & it's said in the newspapers that he might be a genius one too. However the pervert has been buried without any blessing by a Preach. Only the Mother of him & the best friend attended the burial. Btw. our politicans have decided to expand fine to 20 years. It sounds long but to my taste...a guy like Priklopil should have been imprisoned forever. Shame that he is dead now.

The only good news is that Natascha has a very strong psyche, strong will to live, the best team arround her & alot of pps in Austria & arround in the world believe that she will (r)work with it. And again i'm very proud of her & therefore i close my roman with...

Natascha ich glaube an Dich, Deine Zukunft, du bist unser Idol & mich erfühlt es mit Stolz, dass Du selbst in schwere Zeiten anderen Menschen helfen willst...

Alex
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

Well this explains the suicide... Dude probably klled himself whilst waiting for 'The Hobbit' to load...

Seriously - how the hell do you use a C64 in order to kidnap someone? Beat them over the head with it?! Slight possibility that they are barking up the wrong tree here... :roll:

"I think the suspect is dialling out... Or maybe it's just a 'Novaload'...
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

Tonka: it might be that he has (had) plans, descriptions, lists, diary stuff and the like on it...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

beyond wrote:Tonka: it might be that he has (had) plans, descriptions, lists, diary stuff and the like on it...
On the disks, of course, not on the machine. I got the impression they thought they C64 had a hard disk in it or something :)
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

Chris Abbott wrote:
beyond wrote:Tonka: it might be that he has (had) plans, descriptions, lists, diary stuff and the like on it...
On the disks, of course, not on the machine. I got the impression they thought they C64 had a hard disk in it or something :)
Yeah - that's what made me chuckle! Sorry - just having a silly day today! :lol:
Lexx
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Lexx »

The police announced today that they had found plans of the building/garden & alot of papers & books were he wrote about technical & also personal things. Possible that he wrote a diary too like Natascha, ...about his expierences with her etc... I also heard that they found a testament but whatever he wanted to give Natascha....it doesn't matter as she will get house with garden anyways. She won't live there nor does she want to sell it but just simply to have it. The mother of the offender will get the permition to use the house for her entire life by Natascha.

I think this topic deserves a serios treatment allthough the offender desveres mockery. I also hope that this chase & media hype arround Natascha will find an end very soon. She deserves a normal life.
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

I fear that she will never live a normal life by any means. An experience like this makes her something outstanding, so far from a normal living.

Even if she gets a very good psychological treatment to come over her nightmare, she will propably never recover from the conflict of fearing/hating/loving her abductor.

But... don't listen to me... I'm just a burned out wreck and have lost trust in humanity a long time ago... :puke:
All is lost.
Lexx
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Lexx »

Yes that is indeed a questionable thing as her chase is too unique. So her popularity remains forever. But good side is she can use it to her & everyones, who need help aswell, advantage. And in the TV-interview on ORF she said correctly that she is aware of her position, taking responsiblity. Responsiblity because she learned & expierenced a tuff eight years & with her support to the organisations, psychologes, police etc... they all can learn from this shit then helping quicker in the future.

Besides she looks very lively to me...the screen didn't shown a me wreakship out of controll in the space that gave up living. That's why she earns a very respect from us. Her future plans are ....for the first to get an appartment, then second to get well educated for the matura, then probably to study something...her talent & basic knowledge would make it possiblty to become a psycholog, lawyer etc... that's what they have said.

For reducing the media hype she plans a journey for a year then after she will comeback to Austria again. What she would love trying to is to become a contributor in a radiostation. ;)
But that happens after finishing the matura. So that's the newest i have heard sofar through our austrian local stations & newspapers.

Apropos Diary, Plans & Books .....the police is about to browsing through all letters. It will take time until we get informed about the results but the police is hoping for many hints to solve the last secrets. The faster they close the chase the better for Natascha as she needs alot of time for the recovery too. It must be tuff getting back to the life. I agree with u completely but think about a wonder....that she is the 8th.