Just to say hello

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
burnt toast

Just to say hello

Post by burnt toast »

Hi there, I am new to this site. Just thought I'd say hello to you guys. :)

I've been visiting this site, RKO and AmigaRemix for quite a while and I've loved the work you guys have been doing. Brilliant stuff, well done to all the webmasters, and remixers/arrangers that make these sites what they are. :)

Recently I've been toying with the idea of doing some remixing myself but only now have I decided to give it a go and maybe contribute a little to the scene.

My name is Dale, I am 16 years old and I've had an Amiga 500 since I was 3... it was my first ever computer, and I am so happy it was an Amiga and nothing else. I used to buy all the magazines and disks for it, and when I was about 12 I got my dream computer, an Amiga 1200. I still use it today as one of my secondary computers :)

I have always been fascinated by computers because I was lucky enough to have one all of my life, and over the years I've come to realise how much my Amiga meant to me. The Amiga might not be the most popular computer around these days, sadly, but I know its legacy will live on for many years, because of sites like this. :)

I've also taken lots of interest in the Commodore 64 scene aswell. I own a C64 computer too - those SID sounds are amazing.

I posted my first contribution here:
viewtopic.php?p=15571
I have read some of the posts here and I apologise in advance for it not really being a "remix", but I hope you like it anyway.

Speaking of Lemmings, that Rastafari track by Selecta Novel is awesome. I love it, well done! :mrgreen:

Many thanks!

>bt
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

hey there welcome to the forums :-) from a fellow amiga lover
I've always loved the amiga from the 1st time i clapped eyes on putty... god i loved that game... right to the final whistle with such great games as genetic species... the amiga shall live long within it's legacy and not just because of us.. but because the damn thing had so many decent games heh.

so yeah i say once again welcome to the forums hope your stay is a long and happy one :-).
GeckoYamori
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by GeckoYamori »

Hey there youngster.
burnt toast

Post by burnt toast »

Thanks for the welcome :) And hell yeah, that Putty game is godlike. I had it on CD32 (yeah forgot to say, I had one of those for a while until it kicked the bucket).

What part of the world are you from? I'm from England UK :D

I take it I'm one of the few younger members here then or am I wrong ?
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

WOW 13 !! - they were designing it while you were still a sperm !! *Cough* i jest lol, im like that - total nutjob around here lol .... just dont play me on any fighting games :)

If you drop on any of my old amiga compacts let em know :) - they will be in the name of "The Troopers" , "Deadzone Troopers" or "Dianetix" (specially the Red Sector All In One Kit Disk & Suplementary discs available through PD Soft in Essex :) - i ask cos all mine are long dead now and i could use some new copies :)

Anyhoooo welcome to the forums.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Welcome, burnt toast! Even though you often ruin my breakfast!
Matrix wrote:WOW 13 !! - they were designing it while you were still a sperm !! *Cough* i jest lol, im like that - total nutjob around here lol .... just dont play me on any fighting games
Sperm? Nutjob?
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Hi there, Burnt Toast! Welcome aboard! :D
All is lost.
burnt toast

Post by burnt toast »

Many thanks :D

"WOW 13 !!" - err...! I'm 16 ;) :lol:

:lol: I'll try not to ruin too much more than your breakfast! ;)
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Lol sry bout that m8 i meant 16.. brain number 1 did 16 minus 3 (age).

@Makke
- Sperm = Seamen (that was a comical joke see)
- Nutjob = maniac of the forum, crazy dude who likes a laff. ;)
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Matrix wrote:@Makke
- Sperm = Seamen (that was a comical joke see)
- Nutjob = maniac of the forum, crazy dude who likes a laff. ;)
Yes, and sperms are also a job for nuts. That was a comical joke see.
Makke wrote:Sperm? Nutjob?
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

ha!!!

quiet... anyway im an english person 2 but im thinking of doing what that guy does in the tetleys advert (heading off to antigua via deporation.. clever clever) heh... i need sun.

once again mr toast i welcome you and yeah.. dont EVER play me on fighting games either.. i annoy people with my zen like skill's so if matrix oop thare wants to stick his money where his mouth is ill kick his ass!

heh.
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

welcome, youngster.... :wink:
burnt toast

Post by burnt toast »

:lol: sperm/nutjob... tsck!

Thanks again for all the welcomes guys, appreciate it. Am I the youngest here then? :?

Cheers :)
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Infy-Me Imfy-Me, theyve Orrlll got it, IN-Fa-Me !!!
(/ carry on cleo quote)

Consider my ass available by request - Gimmie Tekken, Soul Calibur or Street Fighter and ill show ya whos boss - just err, dont pick chun-li k... ;) - Gimmie King of Fighters or Rocky and ill fall down laffin lol ....
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

Consider my ass available by request
ooerr missus not on your nellie!! /frankie howard god bless his soul
the dirty old bast<Snip>

hehe streetfighter... god i aint played that in a while which one? alpha? turbo super wicked it goes bang edition? ssooooo many to chose from.
i always liked the world edition (where you could hadoken up the screen for a month then drop down for hours and hours and win every match so easily)... sad but true.

kotf98 was the only decent kotf i can think of the 3man tag idea was tremendous but annoying when you lost your fav character.
tekken 1 2 3 and tournament ... ok :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: hehehe.

infact any fighting game except the crappy original street fighter im pretty thrifty at.. oh and yi ar kung fu... oh god i hated that!...yes! blasphemy!.