RetroVision 4 is a go!

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
RetroMarkie
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

RetroVision 4 is a go!

Post by RetroMarkie »

RV4 is a go! and in a different area because the venue absolutly ROCKS!

Hope to see a few of you there, certainly I will be seeing you guys at the next BIT...

Cheers All

Mark@Retrovision
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

SOMMERSET !!! Holy Smeg - why is all the bling bling of the 80's in the South !! Thats one HELL of a trek...
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Matrix wrote:SOMMERSET !!! Holy Smeg - why is all the bling bling of the 80's in the South !! Thats one HELL of a trek...
This is nothing particularly aimed at you, Matrix. It's just funny how all Northern-Brits are complaining when BITL or any other events are in the south (and viseversa I suppose, although we've not had much of that), because they actually have to TRAVEL there. It's not a quick "nipping out for a BITL", it's "Star Trekking accros the Universe!" (or so it seems).

There's not many of us foreigners complaining, and we have to fly there (i.e. deal with bloody airline people and pass-port bastards). I didn't hear Tony complain, and he flew in from Australia!

That said, I do agree that it's a bit of a drive from the very north to the south. But there are flights within the country as well. ;)
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

True enough Makke m8 and point well eaten ;) (humbled pie) - I just wish some1 would do sumthin a tad further north is all lol ... But to pick up on your point, you also dont see many brits flying abroad for such events - like BitLive Germany. I recon theres 2 reasons for this: 1) the vast majority of us can only speak english where most of the civilised world speaks its local language AND english. And 2) We think its too much hasstle. ... see, a lot of us brits, lazy basts's yup thats brits, especially ppl who wear bobble hats and sing kumbayaa around campfires in autumn on the yorkshire dales ..... ;) Course i dont speak for the populous lol ... :lol:
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Take an evening course in "foreign", ya lazy sods! ;)
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Which do u suggest .. Dutch, Norweigien, German, French, Spanish ? lol .... I can afford to be lazy, i cant afford to get lost though ;)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> ppl who wear bobble hats and sing kumbayaa around campfires
> in autumn on the yorkshire dales
They're the NON lazy people. The lazy ones are sitting at home watching the TV.

Chris
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

hehe, deja vu.

As i said to makke just the other day... What the point in learning another language when the daft sods learn ours ;)
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Sorry, i just came to check the post after the email notify went bling! ... going back to the tv now :)
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Makke wrote: It's just funny how all Northern-Brits are complaining when BITL or any other events are in the south
Unfair, I never complained!

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

dan gillgrass wrote:Unfair, I never complained!
With all I of course mean everyone, except you! ;)
tony.rc
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by tony.rc »

Makke wrote:There's not many of us foreigners complaining, and we have to fly there (i.e. deal with bloody airline people and pass-port bastards). I didn't hear Tony complain, and he flew in from Australia!
Thanks Makke!
I only hope that I'm at the next BIT Live.
wobbler
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by wobbler »

tony.rc wrote:
Makke wrote:There's not many of us foreigners complaining, and we have to fly there (i.e. deal with bloody airline people and pass-port bastards). I didn't hear Tony complain, and he flew in from Australia!
Thanks Makke!
I only hope that I'm at the next BIT Live.
Dang... you actually flew in from Oz just to attend on BITL?! Oh my. I remember my own trip down to Port Douglas... taking 35 hours from departure until reaching final destination. But then, I travelled *from* the muddy dusk-shite-weather... *to* the 29°C-warm water et all.

I don't know if I should start worrying for you or not, tony =) But nah, good to have dedicated people participating I guess.