All in the name of progress?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Ok, i seem to see a pattern forming here....

1) I'm not talking about good music or bad music, I'm talking about Melodic music.

2) Everyone keeps talking about Japan, some examples of European or American houses would be good. Do you struggle to think of many?

3) Consoles yeah yeah. The article is really about PC/MAC's. Tho maybe i didn't really state that.

4) Discuss yes, Disagree yes, but don't tell me i'm wrong. My opinion is as good as anyone elses. If you want to balance that argument, then write an article or two yourself. Or you just happy while others spend their time doing so?
Markus Schneider
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Markus Schneider »

If you meant me, Neil:
1) I did aswell.
2) Yes, many and I named some composers who did much stuff. Dunno which houses it was and I know even more.
3) You did - later and I meant also PC.
4) Didn't say you are wrong. For the rest just *headshaking*. It seems you aren't interested in feedback on your work. I dunno why others should state their views in a 'different view article'. Further a discussion with different views doens't make your words bad.
Well, if I would get 3 pages feedback/discussion/agreement/disagreement on a remix posting here, that would be cool. Yes, it would.
Markus
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Einhander was an AWESOME game ....
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Markus.

1) OK :)

2) Give me 10 example games from Europe (pre 2000) I'd like to investigate

3) ok :)

4) No nor did i say YOU said i was wrong, though the head shaking is kinda contradictory, but never the less. As for the rest of the 4th part well think what you think, but your far from the truth. Recient discussions about v2 shows i'm open to feedback of all kinds when it stated in a not so cantankerous way.
Nebula

Post by Nebula »

I can barely remember recent music. Those old melodic songs get stuck in your brain and never let go.
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

R-Type was catchy :)
Markus Schneider
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

No nor did i say YOU said i was wrong
When you, as almost everytime, don't say who or what you mean, then you should mean ALL involved. Otherwise you should state it right.
...stated in a not so cantankerous way.
Well, I read the thread twice I can't see what you see.
I loved the article since it let me think, which fits my brain.
I still disagree especially to words you said in this thread. I didn't like the reactions and I don't want any misleadings, misunderstandings and false interpretations. And I am aware of the Feb' editorial lead-in.
So I am outta here.
Markus
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> And I am aware of the Feb' editorial lead-in.
Markus, that lead-in was my idea and was actually a gentle "exaggeration for comic effect": it had nothing to do with you, and certainly wasn't meant to poke fun at you at all... disbelieve me if you will, but I'm not in the habit of lying.

Chris
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

No, I havn't spoken to Chris about it at all and indeed the editorial is nothing to do with me in the slightest. Chris's statement was purely humor based and if anything it was aimed at a coment made by myself. I took it in good nature and it brought a chuckle upon my face.

>When you, as almost everytime, don't say who or what you mean, then >you should mean ALL involved. Otherwise you should state it right.

Well thats the kind of direct attitude that sparked all this off markus. It sounds so..."I know what i'm talking about, and you know nothing". Not pleasent to read and quite undermining. After reading your sentiments which i have no problems with if you disagree with and infact enjoy a good debate i found a case of bordering on cocky.

Anyway, no reason to harp on about it. let sleep dogs lie now eh!
Markus Schneider
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Markus, that lead-in was my idea and was actually a gentle "exaggeration for comic effect": it had nothing to do with you, and certainly wasn't meant to poke fun at you at all... disbelieve me if you will, but I'm not in the habit of lying.
I am sure, Chris. Well, it's difficult to explain since english is not my mother language. I dunno how you meant it, but I felt your 'slogan' is fitting to this thread. And I just like to discuss nothing else than facts and if I see someone is personally pissed (w or w/o reason) it's better to stop because you never get the grip on the facts as you did before. And be sure I am not angry to anyone, by far not. As in life you still learn when to speak or not to speak. When I said I am outta here, I meant out of this discussion. That's it.
Markus
Markus Schneider
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

?

It sounds so..."I know what i'm talking about, and you know nothing".
It may be a problem of language or my writing style or just your reading inbetween lines, I dunno ? In fact I never said that in the way you interpreted it and was never meant to be like that.
Markus
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

I guess your prolly right markus. Ah well, all water under the bridge now. :)
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Bog »

I have to say, as overhyped as it was, I found the Halo soundtrack to be stunning. I only ever heard it on PC, and commented that it was C64 Game Music written 15 years late.

It's evocative, powerful, and fits the game like a glove.
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Or go look at http:/www.imaginetix.co.uk
Rafael Dyll
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Rafael Dyll »

Bog wrote:I have to say, as overhyped as it was, I found the Halo soundtrack to be stunning. I only ever heard it on PC
Yes, and it was written for a console game originally, LOL. :wink:
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Rafael Dyll wrote:
Bog wrote:I have to say, as overhyped as it was, I found the Halo soundtrack to be stunning. I only ever heard it on PC
Yes, and it was written for a console game originally, LOL. :wink:
Not really.
Halo was initially written for PC, then MS bought the rights for it for the Xbox, making an agreement with bunjie to NOT release the pc version for 1 year or so (after the release of the xbox version).

cheers.
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/