Thermostatic - Joy toy - available in the EU?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
maverickbna
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Thermostatic - Joy toy - available in the EU?

Post by maverickbna »

Is there anywhere that Thermostatic's album is available for online purchase outside of Sweden and the UK, but still in the EU? The exchange rate of GBP to US dollars is a lot steeper than Euro to US dollar.

Please let me know. I'd *really* like to purchase a copy of this album.

Cheers.
In a sky full of people - only some want to fly. Isn't that crazy?
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

I remember importing CD's from the US and the import taxes on them were horrific. I dunno if it works the other way around but i suspect it would - Thats something to be aware of when purchasing from the EU.

I dunno how it works, But i never got charged import taxes from any other country even Japan but everytime i bought from the US it hit me with a right whammy from wherever i bought them from.
maverickbna
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by maverickbna »

I'm asking cause I'm in the US, and would like to order. However, the GBP to USD exchange rate is so high that I'd rather purchase from inside the EU.

I got it taken care of, though. :)
In a sky full of people - only some want to fly. Isn't that crazy?
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

I was gonna say buy it direct from Thermostatic's website but I just checked and it doesn't appear to be in the shop. I then checked Wonderland Record's site and it appears to be available there. Is that where you ordered from?
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

Couldnt you always ask someone to get it for you over here and then just chuck it via air mail to ya?

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
fnordpojk
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by fnordpojk »

It is unfortunately out of print right now.

There is a reprint planned (or even in progress) but I expect it could take a while before new copies arrive.

I have two copies, but I've promised to send the second one to a fellow Thermostatic-loving C64er in the US. ;)
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Mayhem wrote:I was gonna say buy it direct from Thermostatic's website but I just checked and it doesn't appear to be in the shop. I then checked Wonderland Record's site and it appears to be available there. Is that where you ordered from?
I got mine through Kenz at http://www.musicnonstop.co.uk but they only have the singles in stock right now...
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

We sold out of the Joy-Toy album here at MNS but hopefully it will be reprinted soon - I'll give this thread a bump when it becomes available again. :)
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net