Youtube Musician Account?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Youtube Musician Account?

Post by Analog-X64 »

I noticed YouTube has a Musician SignUp Option?

http://youtube.com/signup

Whats that about?
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
_Traxer_
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by _Traxer_ »

I think that the musican and comedian accounts are for people who want to promote themselv with thyre own made material.

I know that everything on YouTube is normaly free for eveybody... but when you register as musican maybe there are other forms of copyright management.

maybe your works are watermarked or somthing like that.

Edit :

I found this in the Help-Files / FAQ :

What's the difference between a regular YouTube account and all of these other accounts (Director, Musician, Comedian)?
All accounts share the basic features on YouTube like uploading, commenting, sharing, video responses, etc. Each of the specialized account types offers different customization options:

* Director: Removes the 10-minute limit from video upload, allows custom items and logo on Profile pages, and a custom URL per video. Application and approval are required for this type of account.
* Musician: Allows custom logo, genre and tour date information, and CD purchase links on Profile. Conversion is permanent.
* Comedian: Allows custom logo, style and show date information, and CD purchase links on Profile. Conversion is permanent.